standard system de-cat'ing

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i am about to de cat my standard system, as i have a full spare one lying around.
so one may be used for mot time, if needed for emissions-which i doubt it would
what am i looking at ? knock out both the cat converters and done - refit with gun gum thats it ?

i am about to de cat my standard system, as i have a full spare one lying around.
so one may be used for mot time, if needed for emissions-which i doubt it would
what am i looking at ? knock out both the cat converters and done - refit with gun gum thats it ?

yes z, ram them out with a rod, and weigh in the crumbs :)

ram+crumbs yes. had to :grinning:grinder up the exhaust that was on the car to remove it :grinning: good laugh it was
left the first cat and manifold tied on and started hitting it:grinning: hammer drill and long bit helped pull the metal rag out too:grinning:
DSC02283.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

sensor visible
DSC02290.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

second catlelist
DSC02296.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

hang on a sec. is that a second cat? thought it went in order cat, mid silence, back box. has drilling the cat out given you any performance benefit?

pre-facelift models have the manifold cat downpipe then a mid cat then a cherry bomb looking one then silencer
i had a straight out silencer, then remember'd the whole point in why i like jap is the quite smooth power they have always had.
so i put the silenced back box back on. yeh power wise you feel a restriction has gone and get a real nice butterfly fluttering noise from the empty chambers!

cheers mate. think i'll go for it. not running an air filter, jsut put in bosch super 4s gapped to 2.2mm sounds proper rorty now!

Gapped my iridium plugs to 1.1 mm. 2.2 sounds big. Are you running standard plug leads etc? Maybe the Bosch plugs work differently to mine. What's the next performance mods(Y)

pre-facelift models have the manifold cat downpipe then a mid cat then a cherry bomb looking one then silencer
i had a straight out silencer, then remember'd the whole point in why i like jap is the quite smooth power they have always had.
so i put the silenced back box back on. yeh power wise you feel a restriction has gone and get a real nice butterfly fluttering noise from the empty chambers!

let me correct that
pre-facelift k11 , manifold, first cat, mid cat , cherrybomb looking silencer, back box silencer

Back