MOT time - emissions

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
some help needed if ya can peeps, what will need to be done/changed for an MOT pass?

i have a full janspeed exhaust system (manifold de-cat cat back) i know it'll fail on emissions cause of this :(. was wondering what i'd need to do to pass.

is it a case of simply changing the manifold or does the 2nd cat need go on aswell?

cheers for any help given, graeme :)

it shuld b fine with just the second cat in no need to change the manifold i dont think

i still have MOT to go thru yet so not sure

Swap the manifold and you will (almost) certainly pass, lot of hassle, but a 2ndary and pbv might pass

pbv= power boost valve yeah? the (fse one)

is this to make it run lean or something like that? might just swap the manifold :D

get a ecotek thingy the cb26p or what u call it that reduces c02 alot + tiny fraction of performance bit pricy tho 50 quid!

RE: RE: MOT time - emissions

Dr Zoidberg said:
pbv= power boost valve yeah? the (fse one)

is this to make it run lean or something like that? might just swap the manifold :D

Yeah, apparently if you lean it off a bit come MOT time, then you will pass, as long as you have the secondary cat, just saves the hassle of taking the manifold off/on as that is the certain way of passing.

Ecotek is a waste of money on newer cars, I think they have even been reported to trading standards...

Zephyr said:
get a ecotek thingy the cb26p or what u call it that reduces c02 alot + tiny fraction of performance bit pricy tho 50 quid!

Where did you find the valve for 50 quid? I've only managed to find one for 85! it comes with the pipercross filter tho.... (ooo shiney....)

Back