Stance:Nation. Opinions?

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Camber. Offset. Hellaflush. Fitment. Like it or not, these are the buzzwords jumping around the Japanese car scene.
379948_533270650050266_903969634_n.jpg

What do you think?

I admire the work that goes into the cars, wouldn't ever want to be part of the community though. Not really my scene.

I also don't like how a lot of people are just sheep in the stance world. Everyone hates everything. If you're not sticking to a small choice of wheels or fitting non-oem body parts everyone seems to get their nickers in a twist.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to own some of the stanced cars I've seen though!

hows your polo set up feeling now,,been a month ?
Its pretty good dude :) hitting big bumps is actually better cause it doesnt hit bumpstops any more, just occasionally a bit bouncy over rough roads. I like it though no way id go back to non adjustable squidgyness :) Gonna readjust it after i get my spacers and longer studs (when i have money) so i get the best of it, loving the no arch gap though :)

I think I should own at least one car in my life that people will look at and go, damn, that's too low. Even if I don't keep that setup forever, I love car culture, and I love where this is going. That wagon in the OP is just pure s3x... I'd give both my balls for a WRX wagon :')

I know what you mean, im very tempted to properly deck mine, just for one meet like, and see what people say... then again i like to keep the underside of the car attached to the rest...

I know what you mean, im very tempted to properly deck mine, just for one meet like, and see what people say... then again i like to keep the underside of the car attached to the rest...
Yes there is that worry. It's cool to see cars dumped, but when it's your own, it could be worrying...

I like it, just not the vag scene, too mainstream for me now XD

I'd looking at the slammed mx5 route next year

Not a speed bump in sight on my way to work, but my street entrance is quite an incline

A little too much maybe.. ^
But there's always people who take things too far...

That's the thing, the whole camber and offset, zero arch gap look was stemmed from working race cars that actually had a proper set up. Camber with purpose, wheels that suited the conditions, and low ride for center of gravity improvement. If you get those right you'll get a great looking car that works, only problem is people taking one or all of these factors too far and ending up with a car that looks ridiculous(good or bad depending...) but as a result of the look is nearly totally unusable.

As with all things, good in moderation.

I think I should own at least one car in my life that people will look at and go, damn, that's too low. Even if I don't keep that setup forever, I love car culture, and I love where this is going. That wagon in the OP is just pure s3x... I'd give both my balls for a WRX wagon :')
I've already had my '**** son that's way too low' car

harlen.jpg

I really miss it. It was horrid to drive, though.

Whatever the clowns want to label it in order to appear cool to their chums, it's still a big pile of balls :rolleyes:

I think it's still possible to have a low car but be practical enough to use daily, just depends how 'crazy' you want to go with the stance really and what the roads are like. Some people go completely over the top with wanting to go low though..

Well im not a fan of arch gap but i like to stick with standard rolling radius, remove the arch gap, then see whats what. Getting tiny tyres/wheels to go super low clearance isnt my thing, if you wanna be super low then ok i can see why, but i just dont like arch gap so as long as its gone/minimal and the car still drives well im happy :). Just trying to source extended studs so i can fill the arches a bit, ebay is useless!

Yeah, no one likes wheel/arch gap. It's a vile thing. I don't know, each to their own I guess.

I agree 100% with this. Was never happy on 13s as I had mad arch gap. Now with 15s the car sits a million times better as there's no gap

It's all good. Even if you don't like it, the extremes are what drives fashions from the shoes your wife wears to the paper hanging in your lounge. Just think how boring life would be if we all drove cars in standard form! The best thing about seeing cars like that on the internet is you can comment yay/nay but you'll never have to live with them if it's not your thing. Having had very low cars in the past, I have put up with compromised handling and rough rides, but it was all about 'look at how low my car is' and for me at least, that's what counted.

*No kittens were harmed in the writing of this post

Yeah, tbh I don't think I could ever drive a standard car for very long, even if its just new wheels I wanna make it mine.
I might do a brief super low show with the micra like I mentioned, or maybe a super low car for fun, but I wouldn't do it to my micra for long, I love it too much to scrape it to death!

Ew, astra ;).
Yeah. Standard cars are a no no. Why should someone who has no knowledge, and no passion for cars, be able to have exactly the same car as me? They shouldn't :p. As far as I've seen Layla is the only modified Micra around here.. and by modified I just mean stickers and sprayed wheels.. so far ;).

Not a fan of ferrari... So still no.
Maybe some classics I might leave visually standard, mostly...
Ferrari I'd sell and buy 100 cars I actually want AND a house to live in while I mod them.

Fair enough, drove a vectra the other day though and hated it. Massive pillars everywhere couldn't see a thing!

Really joe? Did you use it on the motorway at all? Good cruising cars, your doing 135 without even thinking you are at 100.

Stance is nuts, looks good a lot of year time but would meet want to own one daily! Show cars eh!

Nah no motorway, it had power mind... I just didn't like the lack if visibility compared to the micra.
More modern car. Bigger pillars for safety and junk. That's what my mum said from changing from her K-reg pug 205 to her 53 plate 206. You do get used to it obviously :p.

More modern car. Bigger pillars for safety and junk. That's what my mum said from changing from her K-reg pug 205 to her 53 plate 206. You do get used to it obviously :p.
Modern bs. Sod them I don't buy a car with crashing it in mind and if I did I'd buy an 80s Volvo! In all likelihood my next car will be older than my micra, not newer. I'll make sure I can see out too!

Back