Japanese Indicator Stalk Conversion. CAN IT BE DONE?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, i just bought one of these. its a indicator/wiper stalk module from a japanese march. unfortunately i forgot to ask if it can be done! what do you guys think? also, my series 1 lx does not have an intermitent function for the wipers. its either 2 or 3 speed only. it looks like the japanese stalks do. do you think this will be a problem?

Attachments

• 10512.jpg
    10512.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 46

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
My Super S has an intermittant speed (wish it was adjustable) and its a stock AU model. So i guess it should be the same... Its more a question of wether your wiper motor can do intermittant.

In short, thats a yes from me, but im just a newb =^.^=

Attachments

• 10514.jpg
    10514.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 51

cisco

» CMF Member
Do series 2 have them around the right Australian way? I.e. indicators on the right?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Oh back to original question - I don't know if it can be done.

I think the steering column and boss areas on the jap K11 are different to the UK/AU K11. This is the result of extremily basic analysis of Pictures. I'm 100% certain i've seen Pulsar steering wheels on Jap K11's but not any UK/AU K11's.

Which could mean it may be quite hard to put the Jap electronics assembly on the UK/AUD column without some kind of unhealthy modification.

Of course you might be lucky and it'll work fine. Just hope the assembly you buy isnt for an air-bag equipped model I suppose.

Back