DECIM8'S MICRA BUILD.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Sounds good, unsure if im willing to pay so much for one though. I dont think it would look that great either. Kind of out of place on a micra.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Yeah but prob catch alot of crap, maybe chicken wire sprayed black lol. Maybe fly screen stuff.. Looks awesome all the same cut out. Doing it tonight I think :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
dsc014469gu.jpg
Gutter mesh for the win :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Ok next, What should I do on the fender. Im thinking painting it with blackboard paint, sanding it back and rusting it or covering in stickers. Any ideas? Im thinking brushed aluminum with pop rivets :)
\

lcl.jpg

4434305123_c728251055_b.jpg

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Hmm yes point made, Ive already been collecting stickers. Just junk thats bright and flashy though. Ive also post up for a graffiti artist in sydney to do a fender. might be worth a shot.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
You shush! Not much to do when your at work you know :p

I do the front bumper tonight, had to wait for the JB weld to harden so I can sand it. After a hour of sanding ill apply plastic primer and away ill go.

Still have to clear coat the rear too :( So much effort so little time.

Ill also sand down the fender tonight, roll the front fenders and fit the other wheels to get the camber right. Coilovers are adjustable.

After that ive got to replace the blown clutch in the rx7 yay.

Im also going for longest thread award :p

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Just clear coated the bumper, ill post photos when I wet sand it and buff it up. That will be in 5-6 days. Still not happy with colour difference. Oh well.

Having real issues making this open mouth grill on the front bar, glue wont set before I have to move the sucker and it falls out. Think ill just mesh infront of what I have cut lol

In other news Rx7 still ****ed I gave up. Too much effort. Should cancel the insurance its pointless.

Im also enjoying some nice toast and jam, also made myself a coffee milk shake. Its pretty good.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
not the grill the actual front bar. leaves a big ass hole in it. I think ive got it now. Can you use body filler on plastic cant seem to find an answer?

7 is rooted, if you've ever had a look the box sits under the drivers leg which is hell hard to drop without a hoist. mechanic time.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
So.. 100 Posts.. What a great thread!

In latest news the front bumper is in colour, no more black and white on this micra! Its not drying and waiting a wet sand clear coat!

Photos will follow.

I sorted out the JB weld. It finally set and I took a dremel to that sucker and sanded it flat and applied a body filler. Said its fine on plastics so I wacked it on.

I also mounted some sexy stickers on the rear in hellaflush style. They are also official hellaflush stickers from the U.S ;)

Next week marks the time when whiteline should have the Panhard avaliable! Im quite excited as it means the car can now have a wheel alignment and fit the new wheels which ive spent ages polishing.

In good news too the front cross member is not too bad, I put heaps of fish oil down any holes and then covered what rust I could see with paint. I also painted the front reo and horns so when the open mouth is on it will look tops!

Give me about an hour on photos :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
24072010098.jpg

24072010097.jpg

24072010095.jpg

This clear coat I have is crap. It just wont shine. After it dries for a few days I am either going to get a guy to do a clear coat over it or find a high gloss clear I can use. Ive only once had this issue and I know its related to the temps atm but I also think it is the acrylic im using. maybe 2pak is needed :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
That is an awesome colour, Is that Jade green from the R34 GTR? Did you spray the colour on it or does it come from factory like that? Looks tops.

Didnt realise ive inspired so many lol

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
those watanabes look sweet on ur car Jason - good buy 'ey! lol...
not wanting to detract from ur "inspirational" project DECIM8, but i can't help but think that these projects would be happening regardless of whether or not u were building up/pimping ur micra... and correct me if i'm wrong jc, but i think the bulk of the mods were done by the car's previous owner

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Yes yes.. Wheres the love?

Seriously its great to see people doing the same thing to the humble micra. In all honesty that micra above eats mine lol

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey mate
saw this car and then came across your idea of wanting to draw on your fender, well here you go, this car has been compleatly drawn on with sharpies and then a clear coat over the top!

Attachments

• 56551.jpg
    56551.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 50

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Thanks for that! Ive actually got a artist interested in doing it so now I just have to wait for her to get some free time.

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
^

DECIM8: lol that "jade" colour is a commodore bronze but matt i think

Kovert: Great buy indeed ;) thanks again ay, and yea most of the mods r from the previous owners, i only did the front bar and rims for now ;) soon to be turbo :D

LowMicra: The bucket seat is a no brand :) does a damn good job tho :D

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
So.. Thanks to a generous member on this forum I bought a Panhard bar. Works perfectly and is adjustable Yey! Im abit lazy and a day in the garage took it out of me. I gave up getting it exactly right but its close. Within 1cm of each side at least.

Wheels are all fitted, still require a electric drill to polish the wheels up to a shine ill be happy with but look tops so far. Really does need some spacers on the rear though just to make it have more stance.

Front left side scrapes so its clearly an camber adjustment to be made but I only get it on hard bumps when cornering left.

I also stripped alot of the wreck but for the life of me couldnt drop out the engine. Oh well Ill try on saturday.

Photos to come when I can be bothered to drop down to the garage again.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
235'S? No chance of the micra running those without minitubs and a whole new suspension system.

Mine are 165's which should be running at least a 185 however at max I think the micra could handle a 205. For example.. my rx7 runs 235's!

$100 for the bar.. $130 RRP.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Nope.. Old tyres on them.. One has some nicks on the wall so ill prob replace it but they are the same.

Yeah.. Alot of it was damaged that I wanted from it. Would of bought it for more if it had more gear in it.. Most of the things I wanted you took out lol.

Panhard way way way bent now lol. Replaced though all good.

Coilovers still not dampener adjustable on the rear.. seems they had been injured in the crash. I suppose not that bad a thing but get alot of bodyroll due to it.

Im thinking spraying the wheels black in the centre, doesn't look good silver.. well not that great anyway.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Ok.. So today.. I went for a wheel alignment, they told me to come again tomorrow. lol

I also, installed new rear speakers

11082010118.jpg

Ran a new power cable from Alternator to battery and battery to chassis. Ive noticed if I pump the pedal about 4 times while at the lights the car starts to struggle to idle due to power loss I imagine, not a good thing. So that is done and the car's idle is alot smoother. I expect it will be slightly more zippy now too as more power to spark.

11082010117.jpg

11082010116.jpg

I also dismembered parts of the micra grill in prep for making a nismo one, im taking my time though lol.

Ive also grabbed a bunch of things to sell up here from the wreck

Back