Opinions on these alloys

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
seen some of these going for a good price with brand new tyres on em

i kinda like them

but arnt they the "street octane" wheels that are meant to be for complete chavs, and are common as ..... on saxos and corsas (Altho i havnt seen them on a car before except an evo once)?

opinions plz...

also is alloy wheel theft common? i got locking nuts but i live in a right rough area at the minute (city centre) (until july - cant wait!)

They are reet nice, I have never heard of alloy theft, and a locking nut should stop all but the most determined theives.

Craig said:
They are reet nice, I have never heard of alloy theft, and a locking nut should stop all but the most determined theives.

what rock have you been living under?? Alloy wheel theft is extremely common and locking wheel nuts will stop hardly any thieves lol. Put it this way if someone wants your wheels they will stop at nothing to get them - there arent exactly millions of different types of locking nuts which means not many different types of key to get them off - i hear of cars getting jacked all the time, i had two different sets flocking nuts on mine!

oh and the wheels are nice but get some low proifiles on em

i dont like them...they are common on saxos and MG's ect but ive never seen any on a micra yet

ford used to keep "unreg'ed" cars down an old factor down the road to me, people were always going down tekin the alloys n leaveing spanking new fords on bricks,as ben says alloy theft is common, its like if some one walks past ya house, n see's a 42" plasma telly, if they are scum n want it, theyll wait till night/u go out on drink etc n then cum n take it,whats stoppin em? alloys are alot eaisier to pinch than you think, i nar loadsa people without lock nuts so its easy pickings!

ohhh any yeah there nice, but IMO, black alloys only look good on black cars, dont look to bad on red micra's, but black alloys on corsa's etc, X(! most corsa chav lads are gettin standard vauxhall corsa/astra mk3/chavalere wheels n paitin em black as are saxo lads hahah it looks so friggin pathetic! just ask any NE memeber hu goes to the grassy wot they look like! :p

well i got them, i paid £250 quid, they are four weeks old (therefore completely as-new) and with four new tyres on.

they seem to suit the purple really well, so im pleased with them! but they do 'stand out' abit and im pooing it about getting them nicked now :( lol

btw thanks for all your replies!

as ordered :D (jus borrowed my dads camera)

17914495890c46ce1.jpg

17914495891a3d0a7.jpg

i know it needs lowering. also the headlights could use doing what raceworx did on his old red one (becuase i tried to do it but used wrong paint, so its not dark enough lol).. to blacken the front end abit.

btw tom your headlight covers look sweet as! just seen it in members photos :)

NeX said:
doesn't retepetsir have some similar wheels?

These are pete's

Pete_K11_03.jpg

The wheels at the top are very nice, i'd personally paint the silver bits red and leave the rest black - like Umar has done, looks so sexy!

Back