Opinions?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
excuse the quick photoshop, i was running late for college :blush:

238044298df372c07.JPG

basically my plan for the car; until insurance drops allowing performance mods/full kit.

coloured handles, debadged, bumpstrips removed. This is all i's actually be able to do really. Maybe with an exception to splitters. Playing with the bonnet, moving numberplate and flushing bumpers etc. would be a big job i dont wanna take on just yet..

So, opinions on colouring handles, debadging and bumpstripping; go for it or not?

i cant really lower it without letting insurance know though can i? or can i..? :devil:

would lowering around 40mm on springs be ok on standard shocks?

and those bits planned are free :) except paint for handles..

One question I have is, does modding the stock bumper and bonnet need to be declared?

I like the idea, not sure about front bumper though but nice idea.

I wont touch the bonnet just yet, but interested in splitter-ing the back.. I'd have thought it should probably be declared, but depends how much it is, if it's a lot i doubt i'll do it. And im scared it's look funny with no other real body work.. So just a bit of smoothing for now

wob_ert said:
excuse the quick photoshop, i was running late for college :blush:

basically my plan for the car; until insurance drops allowing performance mods/full kit.

coloured handles, debadged, bumpstrips removed. This is all i's actually be able to do really. Maybe with an exception to splitters. Playing with the bonnet, moving numberplate and flushing bumpers etc. would be a big job i dont wanna take on just yet..

So, opinions on colouring handles, debadging and bumpstripping; go for it or not?

At the end of the day mate, just go with whatever you like the look of best. To be honest, chances are whatever you do to the car, one person will say it looks great and another will say it looks cack. If you think it looks good, then great, give it a try :)

I understand the situation your in tho with the major mods. I can't do anything in terms of the engine/lowering, etc yet because my insurance company wouldn't go near me, or the insurance would be twice the cost of the car (21, male and no NCB yet).

I agree with what Alienfish said about declaring mods. Technically, you are supposed to declare *anything* non-standard, but I've just gone down the colour coding/super S bumper route and I can't really see Norwich Union creaming themselves if I have a crash in it or it gets nicked. Anything performance related and you'd be nuts not to declare it tho.

If your in a situation like me and your just getting started with all this and your worried about the insurance my advice to you wob_ert would be just go for the colour coding for now (makes a huge difference), Super S/SR front bumper and maybe a suttle spoiler on the back. Perhaps a bit of work on the interior too (and I don't mean £500 worth of ICE lol) just the dash, seats and stuff.

Most of all though, if you like it, just go for it :)

i think the handles are the first job on the list, the only bit of black on the body, think red would be a great improvement. where can i find the paint code for the red? there's usually a sticker around the car somewhere, boot? to be honest i think i'll leave any bodywork until next year when i have at least one years NCB under my belt. hopefully..

Alienfish360 said:
strictly speaking, EVERYTHING that is NOT STANDARD must be declared

reading this and i thought i would say that "my insurance company" said that any "cosmetic modifications (e.g alloys, bodykit)" i dont have to declare because its covered in my insurance policy :) !!!
however any performance mods i have to declare because thats an increase in power etc!!

anybody else have a insurance company like mine??

napster

my insurance didn't mind about the modded stock bumpers and bonnet :)

looking good there mate, i'd smooth the boot and handles and indicators too but then thats just me :)

like the bonnet idea tho,

Like it apart the bonnet. My insurance company didn't care about lowering or the induction kit because they dont really add power

Alienfish360 said:
I don't think they'll mind about the induction kit, just makes it slower ^_^

eh?

if it made the car slower it would be called a reduction kit :p

im not fussed about performance for now, i got the noise i want with the backbox :) think i'll give insurance a call and see what difference lowering it would make to the costs, then look into getting it done..

Cheers for the comments

wow i like the front splitter not to keen on the bonnet but the finished result may be different and isnt that what body mods are all about, my insurance said that any performance or handling mods had to be declared but anythin else was ok just bought lowerin springs and there costin my £135 on my insurance but in my eyes its worth it also just got rid of my air bag n they said that was fine too im soo happy bout that lol oh n ure car looks like you look after it its lookin nice as it is

My Insurance company didnt ask for any mods to car haha! :D

even if there is its just a matter of quickly getting the splitters off. The smooth boot well take that off too lol. :)

as for lowering just say you didnt know it was lowered. :)

Andy_S said:
as for lowering just say you didnt know it was lowered. :)

if you do that and you have a crash then your policy is void, you have to tell them if its lowered, happend to a friend of mine, he didnt know it was lowered and the insurance company just walk away from the car.

Alienfish360 said:
strictly speaking, EVERYTHING that is NOT STANDARD must be declared

so what about air-con/sunroof/leather seats that are options at the dealers?

i have claimed all my modds apart from the bodykit..because its a nissan one do i have to tell them still? i was going to tell them but then changed my mind

If you changed those shocking red splitters to black, they would look nice, also blacked out rear windows, and some sexy side skirts... :D

RIK said:
so what about air-con/sunroof/leather seats that are options at the dealers?

i have claimed all my modds apart from the bodykit..because its a nissan one do i have to tell them still? i was going to tell them but then changed my mind

some companies have an option on their online thingys, like body kit-non factory and body kit-factory. you tick the box that applies to you :)

but i'm not sure, i would have told them it has a factory body kit on

Back