sr20 conversion finally ready to start

bought myself 2 98 reg micras ones a 1.0 and ones a 1.3si.
the conversion will be getting done to the si and the 1.0 is to runaround in and later on convert it to 1.3 :)

good good well i have six weeks from now to get it all done unit at work is quite empty till after new year pics to follow

also with the central locking it wont work after conversion will it ?
and converting the 1 litre to 1.3 will need ecu and barrell and keys is that right?

anyone got a wire pinout for clocks off a 98 micra si ???
as il be fitting the eGT clocks in there :grinning:

Is it a electric speedo or cable on your Micra as I'd imagine the primera clocks are cable?
Oh wait never mind your using primera box duh lol

lol oldskool cable itl just be for the oil pressure gauge , temp sensor and fuel gauge open doors etc, or should i just use the loom from egt aswell ? i dont wana change to much wiring as i want to keep the remote central locking that the car already has.
started stripping primera once all i need is off il get the shell scrapped and start stripping the micra im gonna get the shell spot welded for more rigidity incase i go turbo as next yr i will have spare stock turbo and manifold off my 180sx :D

As far as I can tell it has Hot shot header full exhaust fuel pressure regulaotor and cai, no idea if any internal work has been done or mapped.

k.jpg

iu.jpg

io-.jpg

-pik.jpg

oi.jpg

engine out now time for the rest :D

Hi, nice another swap!

I have a question about shift linkage, do you cut and weld or both are plug and play? it's very likely i get a 100nx with SR20DE engine , i hope to make another swap like this.

Thanks!

i have not gotten that far yet lol its on hold atm waiting for space at unit so i can bring micra ready to do the swap :) gonna try and use as much stock parts as possible while doing conversion

do you will make custom axles? if i remember correctly a guy from here just adapted almera hubs into micra knucles and used both axles..

update seen as i got my hands on a lovely pre facelift rust free model with a snapped timing chain with only 30,000miles i decided to use this shell for the conversion engine has been removed today just finished taking all spare parts off :)

IMG00251-20111210-0906.jpg

IMG00252-20111210-0906.jpg

IMG00254-20111210-1631.jpg

IMG00253-20111210-0907.jpg

IMG00256-20111210-1634.jpg

really lucky with this little gem only 30,000miles no rust what so ever a great candidate for a convesion :D and some supplies to keep it rust free

whats peoples thoughts on stitch welding the chassis? its pretty clean like a fresh jdm import, it should hold shouldnt it ??

Don't see any reason why it shouldnt hold...I was tempted to stitch mine (really considered it after seeing a AE86 diy tuning vid, where they stitched around all the windows etc).

I'd say it can only really do good things.

Don't see any reason why it shouldnt hold...I was tempted to stitch mine (really considered it after seeing a AE86 diy tuning vid, where they stitched around all the windows etc).

I'd say it can only really do good things.

Is yours the widearch white k11 that's shows up at JNE now and then ? My brother says he's seen it.

Is yours the widearch white k11 that's shows up at JNE now and then ? My brother says he's seen it.

Yeah thats me :) I had a bit of a chat with your brother last time i saw him at a meet...

I recognised where/who you are after i looked over the pics you've posted above...i think you'll both know my brother.

He bought the Black PS13 a good few years ago from JM (it got rear ended, we repaired it and a few weeks ago someone ran into the passenger front, - the guy came charging out of a side street...so looks like the end of it now :( ).

Yeah I know him nice car that was , what bodykit is on your k11 ? My bro is wanting me to do this one like yours but I'm after a more subtle look, but not sure yet

Its a March Cup arch kit and Nismo front splitter, I bought all bits from Aspect Racing in Japan. Technically both are copies as every tuning shop that sells them seem to have made their own using the Nissan originals as moulds (from what i can gather anyway).

I think if i was building mine again i'd probably be tempted to go subtle (easy to say that now :D)...though i was supposed to be building a sleeper in the first place, so you can tell i kinda dropped that idea along the way lol.

Alot easier to go from subtle to not so subtle, rather than the other way. :)

haha very true ive got some wheels for it off an old 1970's celica supra all i have planned atm is the wheels, lowering and colour coding for the moment nothing bodykit wise although i may fit a little splitter and maybes the primera sideskirts ill have to see what it looks like but 1st things is to strip it down to a shell and waxoyl and underseal the hell out of it so it lasts me years to come as a great lil daily runner as my 180 is only for summer lol

looking good mate, where you at? cos was talkin to one of the new subbies at work and he says his mate is just putting a new engine in a white micra

update wiring loom is all done apart from the 3 plugs on interior for the dash but the main ones are spliced into the micra engine bay loom. the side mounts have been taken off ready for welding new ones.
im modifying the k11 under engine brace to fit the engine and the gear linkage bolts straight up with no modification at all bonus :grinning:
should be all welded up in the next few days

No access to pc atm, engine All bolted in :) speedo cable, throttle cable, water pipes and clutch cable all fit yey just shafts and hubs to go

had a nightmare today seen as the primera shafts are alot fatter than the micra ones the passenger shaft boot just hits the the car body so ive had to move the engine forward 5mm

ok, i have another question, do you keep micra cluster? if so, micra cluster plugs are the same as primera? or just it's needed to make a wiring harness? do you have pinout?

what about radiator? i assume you are using primera radiator?

thanks!

P.S. mov you have a pm!

Back