yet another sr20 conversion

ive decided to do an sr20de conversion on a k11 1.0 or 1.3 undecided yet but i love the super s look.
anyways i know people have done sr20det conversion but i wanna keep it as sensible as possible lol.
i own a 180sx type x already so no need for anything turbo :)
reason i want to do a na conversion is 200hp in a micra is more than enough considering its the lightest of little sporty cars i know of be great against clio valvers civics etc etc
all i need is running k11 and want to keep it as sleeper as possible and want it as my new daily driver.
my current daily driver is a early spec p10 eGT primera currently running 180hp and 155ft/lbs or torque, very nice car but sadly far to rotten to repair.
anyways any help or ideas will be much appreciated ive looked into this as much as possible and im confident at doing this :).
so far i know to use almera gti front crossmember and engine brace anything else i need to know of?
i as thinking of almera n15 gti subframe and widetracking the micra so less of a fuss with custom driveshafts?

i as thinking of almera n15 gti subframe and widetracking the micra so less of a fuss with custom driveshafts?

i think its only the 1 shaft you will need to shorten, else you will have an offset widetrack micra surely ? :eek:
here,s a pic of martijn,s underside

Attachments

• martijn11.JPG
    martijn11.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,391
i think its only the 1 shaft you will need to shorten, else you will have an offset widetrack micra surely ? :eek:
here,s a pic of martijn,s underside

Do you know which side shaft needs shortened ?
Plus what shafts do people use ? Almera gti ones or will my primera ones do
Thanks

yeah it is near side you would be better with a custom shaft tho unless you are or know a really good welder it might be alright if ya tires aint to fat and large diameter but i would always go custom shafts as when one snaps your f****d :laugh:

orite not sure lol i just remember reading something about a set of shafts costing £80 couldn't remember if they were welded or not but i think they will of been at that price. surely it might be alright if welded properly and the sleeves are nice and thick it would hold up if hes not going turbo. its a tough one cause i know id go welded ones for cost reasons (i like cheap builds:laugh:) but i know of a few builds that have ripped them in half. suppose if you get them done for cheap and the welder is good just give it a shot but if you can afford it defo go custom.

i take it there is no other way around this then , how is it that the driver side shaft will be fine? could move the whole engine across surely and use almera subframe and suspension? there must be a way to use nissan parts to get it to fit like they do with the n16 conversions...

no idea lol ive never done the conversion i was going to but i lost my job so the k11 went to the breakers. i think its just the engine positioning is correct for the long shaft but the short one is longer cause the prims are wider maybe you could dowel or slot the shaft as well to make it a bit stronger. i know an engineering that do really some really good stuff but im not sure if they would do driveshafts but there prices are really cheap. he charged me £90 for a custom inlet manifold and dizzy adapter for my cg conversion on my k10.

think il buy sum almera gti parts aswell to see what fits better also the almera gearbox should accelerate alot quicker than a p10 o to 100 is all that will matter tbh

decided to buy 2 k11s one stock sr so i can run about in until the conversion is done on another one as i wont be able to use my 180sx in the snow lol looking forward to the conversion now :)

Iv just read through this thread now lol...

1. I used almera gti mounts and welded them on

2. My custom shafts cost me £200 balanced (gti inners with micra outers)

3. You can use micra underbrace just needs to shave it a little

4. Finally wiring is a ##### lol i used gti loom for the engine and kept the micra interior loom

oh and 200bhp in a SR20DE will be hard unless you do a full rebuild with uprated parts

also what have you done to get 180bhp in your p10(Y)

Even the VVL engines struggle to gear near 200 on the dyno. good luck with the conversion however.

Its the last of the highport primera engines which came with more aggressive cams than the newer ones.as far as I can tell the block is stock internally, but I will be fully rebuilding / porting this maybes z32 pistons to bump compression up.p10 only has headers full 2.5 exhasut still has cat and a jtcc cai on the dyno it got 179.9hp and 149.9 ftlbs tq. A friend of mine has a pulsar vzr with an sr20ve bottom end and sr16ve n1 head with cams and his is pushing 250hp with only a catback exhaust system.
Oh and mov where did you get shafts from ? Ivve been told they would cost me 600+ :eek:

Its the last of the highport primera engines which came with more aggressive cams than the newer ones.as far as I can tell the block is stock internally, but I will be fully rebuilding / porting this maybes z32 pistons to bump compression up.p10 only has headers full 2.5 exhasut still has cat and a jtcc cai on the dyno it got 179.9hp and 149.9 ftlbs tq. A friend of mine has a pulsar vzr with an sr20ve bottom end and sr16ve n1 head with cams and his is pushing 250hp with only a catback exhaust system.
Oh and mov where did you get shafts from ? Ivve been told they would cost me 600+ :eek:

Id put a decent bet on it that it wouldn't make near that on the dyno I use.

Id put a decent bet on it that it wouldn't make near that on the dyno I use.

250bhp are you sure lol

on a standard sr20ve with exhaust

Back