• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Insuperation S Build Thread (PIC HEAVY)

So it's probably time to start this...
After being on the forum for 5 years (apparently, thanks for the Wood trophy thing?!) just over a year ago I actually purchased my first micra! It had to be 3 door, 1.3, cheap and fairly local.

IMG_8279.png

Went the next day and for £300 she was mine. Here she is between my mates' 2 micras. (Pay attention to the Super S on the right)

IMG_8307.jpg

I forget what happened to the f/l on the left I either stole the headlights and grills from it or we painted mine too. Either way the same weekend I ended up with this:

IMG_8559.jpg

The next weekend I ended up buying a 4" Sportex backbox for around £20-30 and after fitting it found out that the hangers were made for a facelift.... so, the cable ties came out. Didn't take long!

IMG_8566.jpg

Poor fitment and hangers made from cable ties meant the exhaust was quickly replaced... with another bodge job... (nowhere in this thread did i say this was a show car build!)

Midpipe cut off after the 90 degree turn...

IMG_8675.jpg

And I rocked just this as the exit for a few days before a friends dad welded on a cherry bomb to create a side exit.

IMG_8676.png

This lasted a good few months, up until the major changes happened. It genuinely wasn't too bad and sounded ok. I still had both cats on the car at this point so it wasn't overbearing noise.

Remember I said to keep an eye on the Super S from before? My mate who owned it decided to up and move to Oz. The Super S had failed MOT as it was rotten through the usual places and so I persuaded him to "give" it to me. So here's the caveat, my yellow micra had just been put through it's MOT and had had sills welded/crossmember etc all done. The Super S was probably going to the scrappy. My mate was literally days from moving to Oz and so he wasn't going to break it to sell bits before he went. So moan all you want about me not saving the Super S, it lives on through panel transplants to my Inspiration (now see why this thread is titled what it is?! Haha).

So yeah, full front end swap, tailgate with wrap around spoiler swap and I swapped what someone told me were SR alloys (unsure). Neither of our cars panels and paintwork were in particularly good nick to begin with so the swap happened pretty fast with a couple mates help.

For anyone who is thinking of doing a front end swap you need to change:
Bonnet (and the front bonnet catch upright bar between crossmember and slam panel)
Headlights (and rewire)
Grill
Bumper
Front Wings (and rewire side indicators)

The tailgate swap requires using the preface rear lights too and these need rewiring also.

We ended up with Noddy's car.

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Fake exhaust tip cable tied to the bumper hahahahahaha

I forget what the colour is with the flip/pearlescent effect paint but the filler cap and pull lever mechanism is from one of them.

Other things going on at this time was stereo, sub, little interior things, removing rear seats etc. Oh and having zero windows that worked.

So the reason for swapping doors was that I could have electric windows... um, yeah. Long story short the drivers side works now, the passenger doesn't, still.. (about 2/3 months later).

The Super S also provided me with a cleaner roof lining and a working sunroof as the mechanism on mine had snapped before I bought it.

Then I decided to put these on. (I had owned them for around 6 months already and never installed them).

IMG_0773.jpg

Made at around the time Bright Spark Racing and Gizfab were collaborating...

And here they are installed. Fronts can go lower before you shout at me, I just haven't got round to doing it yet.

IMG_0791.jpg

I believe at this point I also had my exhaust sorted, coming out the rear bumper cutout and everything! Cherrybomb was welded onto original pipework and hangers welded on too so it's all (almost) legit. The second cat was also replaced with a 3" decat (for a 2.0 Primera originally but it was free and it fit so...)

So Noddy's car got hundreds of odd looks as I drove it round the Devon countryside towns and I decided how I was going to paint it. Graffiti spray. Montana Black is amazing stuff.

I'll continue this build thread/blog soon. Guesses on what colour I choose?

Back