• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

Yeah are you trying to kill yourself!! Spraying the disks must be pretty dangerous

nah dont see why...once the brakes are applyed they will come off, its not like ive got oil on them...its not like the cars gonna go straight on a track and is gonna late brake at corners etc... lol

But the pad wont be locking onto the brake and skimming all the paint off, it'l just get pushed into the grooves on the disk and reduce there effectiveness! Wont it?

even if they go into the grovves it dont really matter as the paint will be all flakey and will come off with the force of the disc juddering etc or even when the car gets washed...i didnt paint them on purporse, it was just over spary.

Thats really not a good idea squarepants. Not only this you sprayed the cover of disk where the wheel sits on to. Convienantly when you bolt the wheel on and leave it for a few months it can stick so damn hard that nothing short of a sledge hammer will remove the wheel (depending on how lucky you are). I wouldnt usually make a point of this, but not doing the job properly is just pure lazyness.

/if/ you were to have a crash and insurance saw that I can guarantee you it would not go in your favour.

not beeing funny or anything mate, its upto me what i do....thus i said it was a quick bodge and the car is fine...whats happens when you have rust on your discs? its only the same with paint overspray....and after the pic was taken i took the paint off the threads and wound the nuts on and off to rid of anymore that may have been on the threads...

looking at the picture, i dont think there is enough paint on there to warrent any "safety" issues. although i would give them a whipe over first with white spirit.... what can happen is that when you apply the brakes the heat caused can allow the paint to "Bond" to the pads, rendering them almost useless..

its a risk not worth taking. after all we would kick ourselves if you had an accident and no one told you that it was slightly dangerous.
do you see where we are coming from mate?. its nothing personal against you, we just dont want people getting hurt.

as for the wheel sticking to the hub, i have been there done that.... only its a problem with the standard alloys on all 1999+ volvo's as the wheel doesnt have a spigot ring it bolts directly to the hub, and the two metals tend to oxidise and "weld" together..... i spent 35 mins with a lump hammer trying to remove a customers rear wheel.. its not pretty.... and at the end of the day, your only gonna kick yourself if it happens..

anyway :p, been working on this ;) chaged hands 3times now mine agian painted it today just wants a bit more work :)

Attachments

• 10122006094.jpg
    10122006094.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 10122006093.jpg
    10122006093.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 319
looking good there Dan, what's the braking like with the pulsar calipers ? I only ask 'coz I've just bought a set tonight and wondered if they are as good as they are made out to be.

looking good there Dan, what's the braking like with the pulsar calipers ? I only ask 'coz I've just bought a set tonight and wondered if they are as good as they are made out to be.

depends...need some decent pads really in mine...there better than the micras ones...depends how you drive really, slam them on there good, but if you drive normally there about the same as standard. raceworx nearly had the back end up in the air when on his blue micra so they are good when needs be ;)

just thought i'd post up some pics for dan.

one of the new front caliper colour.

and one of dan working hard on his rear bumper/diffuser.

Attachments

• dan11.jpg
    dan11.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 254
  • dan111.jpg
    dan111.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 299
well fianlly got some new wheels, only 14's but still ok and uprated, light weight team dynamics. also bumper just wants painting now, then fitting so should have that done by next weekend or after..... lack of cash is why its not finshed yet and the nearest nissan dealer beeing in chesterfield, so carnt be arsed at the mo :p anyway, will post pics up tomoz once the wheels are fitted.

new wheels! fianlly got some new alloys, nowt to bang on about really but iam happy :) 14inch lightweight team dynamic motorsports iirc, started life as phil alienfish's then got past onto ian raceworx with phils old car, then ian sold them to my mate then i brought them of my mate as hes just brought so brock b3's.....anyway, heres some pics. you know what iam like with pics so there will be about 4...dont worry i get slated all the time for post to many :p

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/P8180171.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/P8180175.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/P8180172.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/P8180173.jpg

nah will be impractical ;) ok as is but tempted to get it a tad lower...need a panhard rod first :p rear axle is on the #### as it is!

lol those wheels are awesome, i HAD them wheels until about 3 days ago when i buckled one and scuffed the rest:( but i like them with the centre caps.

lol, need to take them off agian soon to re-place the drivers cv boot, at least the ends have stayed red, there quite old, they was on all raceworxs cars...the sr20 micra, the blue thunder and on the hulk ;)

lol, need to take them off agian soon to re-place the drivers cv boot, at least the ends have stayed red, there quite old, they was on all raceworxs cars...the sr20 micra, the blue thunder and on the hulk ;)

my car is 'the hulk' not ian's old one, was ian's not 'spearmint rhino'?

bad news...gave up on the rear bumper :( i just carnt be arsed with it, spent hours of work onit and still carnt get it to look right, ideally needs fibre glassing. just carnt be arsed! :p....also the exhausts is doing my head in knocking all the time...also think the fuel tank is leking as its using loads of fuel! so need to have a look at that....think it was caused by the exhaust as it sits close to it and with the centre section knocking about the back box pipe is hitting the tank so not realy happy :(

bumper is finished...looks ok but not the best job lol, will get some pics up eventually as i dont have the internet at home at the moment, so have to keep using me gran's pc every couple of days :p

anyway, bumper panited and etc just wants fitting!

UPDATE! rising sun logo on fuel flap (made myself out of a sunstrip ;) ) also fitted rear bumper today, some pic's:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/s124kec004.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/s124kec001.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/squarepants_06/s124kec003.jpg

the bumper was orginally raceworxs idea, then was mine, then gave it to rachetk11, then was mine agian, then sold it back to rachet, then was min, then sold it back to him, now i brought it off him agian! we both did work onit, now finished and very happy, even got a cobra clubman bucket seat off of him, and a sub for the house :p

update: re-moved the rising sun off the fuel cap, also discoverd the front cross member is fubared! about 5 big 4" holes in it! the plastic tray cover things covered the rust up so it wasnt see able until i took them off yesterday...so need a new one of them, also need a new front drivers cv boot and a exhaust as it blows like owt! good job swiper has phils old ashly comp one off mine on his car :p the car will soon be well after abit of work. just thought id say as iam bored lol

cross member is foobared sonic its well beond repair! and yes dean forgot about that...can we not do a deal on the one thats on? the 3.5" stainless back box??? does that tempt you at all? as i thought that was your idea lol?

i prefer the bigger can with that bumper...

i bet you wouldn't have prefered a big hole in the fuel tank though, the other one didn't fit right and wore through the heat shield on the side of the tank:suspect:, so that's why we fitted this one as a temporary measure.

Love the car, But Im not sure about the diffuser....

IMO, if you smoothed it into the bumper around the top, and rounded off the bottom it'd look mint. Might give it a photoshop.....:suspect:

But thats just me:ghostface

Rest is sickkk tho!

I vote yes to clear lenses again!

:)

Chris

Love the car, But Im not sure about the diffuser....

IMO, if you smoothed it into the bumper around the top, and rounded off the bottom it'd look mint. Might give it a photoshop.....:suspect:

But thats just me:ghostface

Rest is sickkk tho!

I vote yes to clear lenses again!

:)

Chris

already tried to soomth it in but kept cracking, even tried painting tiger seal, but looked naff! personally looks ok and does it job ;) so iam not complaining lol!

mate i lovvve the bumper!!!
i think you need to smooth the boot and get rid off the wiper.
also i think the bigger exhaust was better... but im the same i like to keep my petrol

think you need to bend the bottoms of the diffuser out, and slant them inwards towards the front of the car... like a V shape......if you get me...lol

erm....

ill draw a picture...

Attachments

• diffuser.JPG
    diffuser.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 265
Back