Spoiler

There isn't on mine :(
56833905-0fd4-9f9c.jpg

56833905-1032-8819.jpg

I hope for you someone will not try to pull it... Not a good idea to not secure it with screws imho.

Yeah, definitely secure it with screws mate, people will try to rip the spoiler off otherwise. It's happened to me on numerous occasions!

Moreover the little one is easier to pull, easier to take away, and there is less surface glued; so easier to remove. Also sealant can fail, there is a reason for the screws.

Is there an idiots step by step guide for fitting a spoiler? I've wanted to do this for a while as there's been a dent on the top right of my tailgate for years where yobs missed trying to smash my back window grr I thought they'd just be stuck down with epoxy but I can see here that it's recommended to screw them down too. I wouldn't like to make a mess drilling holes in the wrong place.

What about painting them? Is it best to do it once it's on the car? Also, would I get a good finish if I get a rattle can mixed up. I've always had bad experiences using the off the shelf stuff from Halfords in the past as the paint and clear coat never hardens like a professional finish would.

All I did Was sanded it down. Sprayed it with halfords bumper paint and then drilled the holes and bolted it on. Ten got some carbon fire vinyl and covered it ;)

Winscreen sealer will hold it on without drilling holes!
Providing you make sure the surfaces are spotless and oil free there shouldnt be a problem. Loads of cars have spoilers/trims/windscreens attached like this.

that might help you:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Just organize the pictures in a proper way, I only threw them here :)

End result?

scaled.php

Back