help with fitting SR rear spoiler onto SLX

pollyp

Club Member
hi i have a blue 1998 1.3 slx

just got myself an SR type spoiler tday down the local Jap Parts

dsc00194ka6.jpg

ordered summore blue paint from nissan cos the cars blue

now i understand that i need to drill two holes on top of boot hatch for the bolt fixtures

dsc00197cr7.jpg

and from inside the hatch are two access hole gaps for a socket

micra316bi2.jpg

but i dunno how i'll fix to flange on the sides to the boot??
i think i read the micra SR has a bracket coming out of the boot side for these flanges, r the brackets part of the boot or are they a seperate piece?
or maybe i could just silicone seal/glue it on?

dsc00196zb5.jpg

can anyone help me.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
top you need to drill holes through your boot, only two at each end then tiger seal it, and tiger seal the sides down aswell. the super s's etc that had that spoiler standard ahd metal bracket things on the boot where the sides go to, iirc boot into the outside of the boot. as said just tiger seal the sides and top then it should be fine :)

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
righteo

um who sells tiger seal or similar stuff? does B&Q, halfords, partco autoparts do em?
i still have some black gasket seal stuff if it works.

frank

Club Member
pollyp

most silicon sealers will do, windscreen bonding sealer is the best tho.
it pays to take the shine off any bit your sticking tho

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
makebe bathroom sealant? lol jk
i'll look around house for some silicone sealant

so i should roughen up the top & side face of boot with say 600 wet dry before stickin?

seems though the spoilers been dropped cos it has two slight cracks underneath the lip. i'll bond it together over the weekend. wonder if superglue'll work...naa cos it's prob ABS plastic like wingmirrors.
what could i try?

OP
OP
pollyp

pollyp

Club Member
found some £6 stikaflex down the local partco but they also had their own brand of the same stuff for £3 so i got that.

just prepping n priming the spoiler tonight. bah its soo labourious sanding the surface till its matte.