• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Sonic Micra Blog

sonic just a question about the lights

what have you painted on the bottom of the lights as ive only painted the siver bit on mine and now ive looked at urs mine look odd

sonic just a question about the lights

what have you painted on the bottom of the lights as ive only painted the siver bit on mine and now ive looked at urs mine look odd

Sorry, I dont know what you mean.

Well look what I've made,
182747c86506ef439.jpg

all I need is the leds to come from China, I went to Maplins and they wanted the same price for four leds and resistors that I can get 100 from China for.

(Y) awesome Sonic! i knew you where doing this cause you posted that thread relating to the guide!!!!

they look impressive!!!
are you making them into the headlights or somewhere else if dont mind me asking?

the sidelights are already in the headlamp reflector, all I'll be doing is bonding the ring into the reflector around the bulb, they are 11cm external diameter so fit in with 5mm clearance to the reflector.

u know when you removed the boot handle on the back of the car did u have to make the hole in the boot for the number plate light your self ?

I didn't have a boot handle as I have a March, but yes, I made the hole in the boot when I put the custom light in.

I ordered the leds this morning, 55,000mcd ultrabrights, 30 for £5 delivered from China compared to £2 each from Maplins for 1,800mcd standards

I made the change from 15" to 14" rims today, I'm running 185/60x14, a little too high a profile, but as they wear out I'll replace them with 185/50 tyres,

BEFORE
182747d02b749c416.jpg

AFTER
182747d02b7568fc8.jpg

The Pulsar calipers were damn close...

182747d02b75de2c0.jpg

182747d02bc46dde1.jpg

182747d02bc4d94a7.jpg

At the closest point to the actual rim the calipers are only 5mm away from contact, but with the balance weights only 2mm clearance.

Three of the tyres are Uniroyals that are like new with 7mm of tread, the other is a cheapo Tigar that has about 4mm left, it will be about a year before they are worn enough to replace, but yeah, I think it's a good idea just to replace the fronts with 50 profiles, that will give me a circumference 1.2% smaller than standard, that should be ok for acceleration, the 60 profiles give a much more comfortable ride than the 45s though.

them black alloys was nice i liked them, would look mint on mine hehe
i do like the 14s on your car thoe stands out more nice match good work

hi long time no speak (new job, new house long story) looking like your making good progress the 14's look way better than the 15's but i just can't wait to see it in paint now!

welcome back Mark, it's been ages since you've been on, cheers for the comments, paint is pencilled in for late april depending on the weather, I dont want to do it in the damp weather otherwise it might bloom.

Thanks for the offer Kris, I'm planning on doing it myself with my brother in law, but out of interest how much would you want ? I'd prep and supply the paint, PM me if you like.

Back