• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Noface's Blog

ClnlPanic

Ex. Club Member
Since the garage function on this site doesn't seem to work (I can't edit my car!) I thought I'd start a blog.

picture.php

Noface is my first car. I'm learning stuff through servicing and eventually modding him. He is named 'Noface' after a chubby poltergeist character from the Studio Ghibli film 'Spirited Away'.

Jobs completed
  • Oil changed
  • Oil filter changed
  • Air filter changed
  • Fuel filter changed
  • Spark plugs changed
  • Nasty plastic windscreen squirters replaced with chrome mist jets
  • Remote central locking installed

Plans
  • Replace one bumpstrip which has fallen off!
  • Finish fixing damage along the left side - 1/2 done already.
  • Replace front number plate to remove the crack.
  • Chrome door handles
  • Alloys
  • Lowering
  • Strut bar

lol i watched 'Spirited Away' last week...it sucks lol, didnt get it at all. crazy japanese animme stuff lol. yet i like intial d animme :S

I like blue ones :eek:

I fitted an ebay central locking kit to mine with no experience. The main problem is that security plate things need to be adjusted (chopped up) or removed. otherwise the universal motors won't fit.

besides for that it was fairly easy, had a bit of a battle with fitting the cables into the tubes in the door.

I've had it on for over a year now and it's great.

Mine was the remote central locking kit, next job is electric windows!

The kit I got was easily done using those little electricion boxes, Forget what they are called.

Only one was needed and that was to link the power in, the rest of it was simply plugging into connections included in the Kit.

I'll see if they still do the Kit I got.

Here it is, that is exacty the same, I just threw the spare 2 motors away.. can't see if yours is 3 or 5 doors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-KEYLESS-CENTRAL-DOOR-LOCKING-KIT-2008_W0QQitemZ200260011502QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea06d45ee&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Thanks for the compliment Bash, I agree, the K11s look great in Electric Blue. Yours is quite a way ahead of mine though in terms of mods.

I'll get one of those kits chipedwood, thanks for finding the link for me. My design teacher always called those boxes 'chocolate blocks', I guess because the bricks look like bricks of chocolate, but I shouldn't think that's a name most people would recognise :D

EDIT: Apparently 'chocolate block' is quite common, but the proper name is a terminal block.

PS) I'll get some more pics up soon.

Ok, so I've fixed a bit of damage/rust:

Before:
fapniaabk.jpg

After:
paadoaacd.jpg

and installed the new gear knob:

baaeeaacd.jpg

baaegaacd.jpg

and taken quite a nice picture of the chrome washers:
kaaecaacd.jpg

looks good, did you make sure you sanded/filed every last bit of rust? i'm sure you did, but just thought i would ask or else it will be back with a vengeance in about 6 months time lool

looks good, did you make sure you sanded/filed every last bit of rust? i'm sure you did, but just thought i would ask or else it will be back with a vengeance in about 6 months time lool

I think (and hope) I did!

Thanks for the tip PJG, good job I kept the old one :D .
Even so, it only cost me about £15, which seems cheap for up to a year.

Bloody hell! Central locking's arrived, took me a good hour just to get the driver's door trim off! On the box it said 'Easy installation'!

At least I'm learning a lot of useful stuff, I guess I now know how to install: new speakers, electric windows or colour code the door fittings.

Haven't updated in a while. Sorry...

I finished the central locking a few weeks ago and I'm just finishing off the scratches/rusty bits. Will get some good pics up sooner or later.

Oh, and the 'Nissan' sticker came off of the gear knob :(

Am thinking of a sticker-free replacement.

Back