Some new bodywork pics...

R

ricardo_swarez

got my car back from having having some work done-
kit sprayed and fitted, skirts sprayed fitted and smoothed in, spolier sprayed and fitted, passenger door repraying, dent on passenger door fixing, and the wing mirrors/door handles/number plate light housing all colour coded, heres some pics...the tape on the spoiler is because the bond hadnt quite set, its off now

PIC000014.jpg

PIC000013.jpg

PIC000012.jpg

PIC000007.jpg

PIC000009.jpg

PIC000010.jpg

PIC000017.jpg

PIC000016.jpg

May have been done on purpose, but are you aware that teh skirts are on upside down?

And yeah clear repeaters for definate... Looks very nice...

lookin tidy mate

think the skirts are on the right way to be honest, thats the way Gav had them and you now i come to think of it and that one with the spinners on

Ignore me, looked again and realised they just havent been cut in, just the way they stuck out along the bottom of the door looked odd, but i can see why now, just reminded me of waynes thats all, and his are mounted upside down.

Nooooooooooooooo!
Beat me too it man!
I'm glad it's silver too, not many silver pre-facelifts I know off, make sure you're at kristians when I next come up!

Is it the "ebay" kit from BadBoys or whatever they were called?
If so, is the quality good as there was a discussion over the quality of the kit while back.

How exactly have they fitted your side skirts to the sills? They don't appear to wrap around each end to the arch from the photo's. Like Neil has pointed out they seem to stick out too much.

Both front and Rear bumper look well fitted and I like the design, just not sure on the skirts. Looks very tidy overall :)

Kev

Trust me Bad Boys offer poor quality firbeglass and poor quality fitment. I have seen there kits at shows and it's soo thin, it's poorly put togther.

Kev

SR_Micra_Boy said:
but i can see why now, just reminded me of waynes thats all, and his are mounted upside down.

Didn't he only mount them upside down when was going with the wide arch kit?

Anyback to Ricardo, the skirts do seem to be fitted differently but am interested to see how the front bumper is mounted

stikaflex?

actually is it me or are they blended in type thing on to the body itself? Then coloured too, might just be the pics - if you look at Gavs, his stick out a lot too

Wayne did have his upside down to accomodate for the wide arch kit. However he has now put them back the right way.

Looks very nice. As everyone else has said the arches do stick out a little far but overall its looking great. :) Very nice looking micra. :D

nice... will look crazy alongside mine...
i have same bumper...
didnt think the rear bumper was that nice when i seen it on badboy portfolio...
looks class on yours tho...

Mean Micra - where abouts do you drive, never seen you aroundnor anyone I know in NW has seen you?
Mines getting same bumper but in black, guess this kit is gonna be the norm in NW!

well chz all for the comments , gald u think its nice, the side skirts are moulded into the bodywork and he's used a bond to fix them and fiber glassed them around the sill and up the front and rear wing, i wasnt sure about the skirts myself b4 i put them on, after i got them i liked it but they've realy grown on me now, i love how they stick out loads, but had to tell the gf if she hits them wen she's gettin in then i'll run her over lol, yer goldstar i'll come down wen ur a k's or some up and show you, im well chuffed with if,

regarding badboystyling, the bodykits are think but they are thick enough, there rigid and hard enough to use, i think the illusion of needing it thicker is a head thing, because the materical looks abit thin you think maybe it wont hold or if you hit something minor it will just crack, but im prety confident that its strong enough, i think ppls main problem with these kits was the delivery as he hardly ever wrapped it, but mines was picked up. and the other issues was that there are no mounts, and so you have to butcher you old back bumper to fit that, and improvise with your front, but i got a bodyshop to do mine so they did that hard work, i wouldnt recomend badboystyling pureley because on there ebay account there was nearly a bad responce on everypage

clear side repeaters........how bad do those orange repeaters stand out lol, i'll be gettin those and tryoin to source a second hand pair of the white lights for the back, i think with these the car will look a whole lot better, smooth boot and some minor bodywork changes are coming in the next few months

i joined just after ashton-under-lyne meet in my home town... arghh..

goldstar and NW boys lets have a mini meet just to checkout our rides i dont mind coming down to rachdale or an where round mani... wat do you say...

swarez, clears make a heap of difference... and it feels good when your car looks as it can...

before
after

sorry guys tuther way round.. lol:laugh:

for Goldstar off my tv, possible grille badge

Hey, thats where my name actually came from, it was the brand off monitor at college when I had to choose a nickname!
I do like te font style, can I have it? :D

As for a meet, Santa Pod can be out little mini meet but when thats done and most of the cars are sorted gonna sort a meet as there's a few non MSC micras I'll try to get come along.

mean micra said:
i joined just after ashton-under-lyne meet in my home town... arghh..

goldstar and NW boys lets have a mini meet just to checkout our rides i dont mind coming down to rachdale or an where round mani... wat do you say...

before and after wrong way round
swarez, clears make a heap of difference... and it feels good when your car looks as it can...

before
after

sorry guys tuther way round.. lol:laugh:

for Goldstar off my tv, possible grille badge

hey mean_micra, come down the santa pod with us, would be cool having another NW guy there, any pics of ur car on here? if not could u post some

Santa Pod is a public open day so all are welcome.

I can't decide if I like your care for the simple reason it's now mine will look like when I finish!!!!!!!!!
Smooth boot - soon
Saxo spoiler on superS - getting ready to fit
Impul bumper - fitted when new wings are on
Bonnet vent - when I get a spare bonnet to try myself

Looking forward to meeting you sometime and hope you can come Pod or at least a NW meet

yer im going santa pod if i can get some others to come down, and im not official, infact i'd say im one of the most hated ppl on msc....haha, i like ur car mate, not sure on the lights, but i never seem to like any mods to lights, lookin nice tho, that bonnet vent goes with the car to, bonnet vents imo are a hard thing to get right, but you have done, would be cool if me, u and goldstar all went down the santa as we have the same front, would turn some heads on the motorway, try and get it off, and in the mean time me and goldstar will meet up with you sometime and check ur car out

lol cr...swell...

dusk, is my mate, and a member here, this was his micra, he had this idea that he could get the letter of the back of the car and make them say crx, like the honda...haha, wtf, i just left them on because im to lazy to remove them,and because it confuses ppl

oh and the skirts, someone said they werent cut down, well they were just in a different place, theres like a crease that runs the length of the skirt, were that crease ends and it goes flat, they were cut there, shortened, re fibre glassed and refinished so it looks like they were never cut, but u can tell from the back

mean micra, goldstar will pm u with my msn, add me and we'l talk about metting up......and he is my secretary haha, not the other way round

lol thats a realy good idea! think i'll do that, get the a from a micra and the p from a primera

Yeah... well done matey! The car looks great.

I think you just need to cut the slats out of the grill to finish it off. :)

-Elliot

im into those slats, i aint seen yours in the flesh since you put the springs on, i well wana see it, the last k10 that had those springs on was well low, so would make yours look sweet

Hi mate,

Cool... it does look good with the standard grill. :)

lol... mine is low now. :upside: One of the rear shockers has decided to throw its hand in... so I need to get another set now. I'll take some piccies tommorow, and post them in the K10 section.... or you will see my car at Kristians sometime. :)

Has Kristian and Brendan got their kits on now?

-Elliot

sorry eliot read u first post wrong, i thought u meant the slats out of the bumper, i was just speed reading b4, yer i want to remove the slats out of the grill because then it follows the look through the car, gona do that as soon as time and cash allow, damn shocks went :s bad luck man, but im sure the new ones will hold, kristians car hasnt even gone in the bodyshop and brendans has been on for three weeks now, not much progress it seems, brendans has quite abit of work done but we arnt alowed to talk about it :p

It should look ace with the new grill. :)

Yep, one of the shocks has gone. It isn't too noticeable... but is starting to rub more than the other side, so I shall buy a new set of rear shocks from work soon. :)

I can't wait to see Brendans and Kristians cars, they should look great. :D

-Elliot

Back