Should I touch it...

with a bargepole?

Always loved Micras, even after the death of my K10 in 2007, so a K11, 1995 N-reg, white, has come up for sale near me, advertised at £150.

117,000 miles.

MOT failure - needs some welding and floor panels replacing, garage quoted current owner £250 to do the work. The left passenger door has a few dents, and there's a bit of rust in the usual places.

Should I pay or should I go?

have a look at it mate, check the usual rot places like the xmember, cills, rear arches, ahve a good poke with the screw driver and have a look at the listed probs, basicly give it a good going over then weigh it up money wise, like how much it will cost to repare and the time

if its easy fix go for it bud, but it may be wise holding out for anouther

I'm not opposed to doing a bit of work, in fact, I'd quite like to. Obviously would have to get the welding done by a welder, but what about a floor panel? Easy job to do?

You can minimise cost by doing as much as you can yourself. For example with the floor pan they will need to remove the carpet so it doesn't catch on fire, something you could do! Just like when i had a new crossmember, i took apart the front end ripped the old one off bolted the new one on then had it welded and put it back together myself.

they usually go along the seam at the back of the floorpan, or sometimes under your feet, offer them £80 and hire a mig and patch it yourself :)

thats welding to bud i think, most sounds to be welding on this micra. obviously not un common on a micra :down:

think about it, the owner is probs selling beacuse its likely to cost more to repare than the car is worth? welding cost a lot in labore because of the time it takes.
i think this would an ok buy if you could weld yourself saveing you £££££ for someone elce to do it. its up to you but im shure there are many more in better condition?

Back