Shal I scrap it or repair it?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me a bit advice and suggestions please.

I had in accident in September and the car is written off. But it is still in front of the house. I was wondering to scrap it or repair and use it. Some one offered me £150 for it and he wanted to scrap it. He has a garage! After hitting the low MPG in my other car I was think what if I repair it.

The car spec: its a GX 1.3 1998 plate with 124000 on the clock. Last MOT was in June failed due to rust at sills which was repaired.

Damages: The front bumper is broken, bonnet is bent, passenger side headlight is smashed. front cross member is bent, radiator was leaking and underneath the metal part is bent as well. I have used the break caliper for the current car.

Parts: I called couple of scrap yards for quote 2 months ago and was told that headligt, bonnet, bumper, radiator and front cross member will cost me £130 if open it myself. On top of the parts I have to spend 45 for MOT, 40 for VOSA. Some for break caliper.

Is it worth repairing? If not, what shall I do with it? give for 150 or sell parts?

Any helpful ideas and advice are really appreciated.

Thanks

Scrap it or break it, no point fixing it unless its got sentimental value
Thanks for reply and advice.

If I scrap it, the £150 is a good price or shall I ask for more?
What breaking it? How/where to sell the parts? Will there be any buyers quckly?

Regards

Back