Shal I scrap it or repair it?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me a bit advice and suggestions please.

I had in accident in September and the car is written off. But it is still in front of the house. I was wondering to scrap it or repair and use it. Some one offered me £150 for it and he wanted to scrap it. He has a garage! After hitting the low MPG in my other car I was think what if I repair it.

The car spec: its a GX 1.3 1998 plate with 124000 on the clock. Last MOT was in June failed due to rust at sills which was repaired.

Damages: The front bumper is broken, bonnet is bent, passenger side headlight is smashed. front cross member is bent, radiator was leaking and underneath the metal part is bent as well. I have used the break caliper for the current car.

Parts: I called couple of scrap yards for quote 2 months ago and was told that headligt, bonnet, bumper, radiator and front cross member will cost me £130 if open it myself. On top of the parts I have to spend 45 for MOT, 40 for VOSA. Some for break caliper.

Is it worth repairing? If not, what shall I do with it? give for 150 or sell parts?

Any helpful ideas and advice are really appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
H
Scrap it or break it, no point fixing it unless its got sentimental value
Thanks for reply and advice.

If I scrap it, the £150 is a good price or shall I ask for more?
What breaking it? How/where to sell the parts? Will there be any buyers quckly?

Regards