Shortcake crash damage

cisco

» CMF Member
I just sent these photos to the guy in Sydney who owns the company who owned the white ute that road raged us.

The police have approached them with the whole situation. They said they didn't know who was driving the car on the day (they have like 30 utes and many workers), but they have offered to pay us for the damage in any case.

So good news, finally they will send some cash up to get it fixed. I just have to get a couple of quotes.

Attachments

• 1370.jpg
    1370.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 27

cisco

» CMF Member
Basically the guy stuck his head out of the window of his huge uplifted white hilux ute thing, gave us the finger, yelled out some filth, then reefed on the wheel (you could see him reef on it deliberately) and drove over the top of us because his lane ran out of room and he had raced up alongside us from behind us to get past. I looked instantly for a place to go to get out of his way, but he then did the whole reef thing and drove into us before there was any time. Then I abused him and he floored it and sped off into the distance after he'd trashed our car. bah!

So it was straight off to the police station to make some statements. So lucky that Jamie-lee got his rego plate.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Damn!

Dude thats pretty serious - its shifted the grille (look at the bonnet gap with the grille) and the headlight has been pushed inwards as well!

Thats gonna be mighty expensive :( Lucky they are going to pay for it.

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
thats insane, people like that should lose their licence for life. there are enough road accidents without losers on a powertrip causing damage on purpose.

I hope everything gets fixed up, poor lil shortcake

CMF_new2micra

» CMF Member
Dude, that's nuts!

Something similar almost happened to me here in Brisbane and it too involved a white ute driver. However I was very fortunate but the nutcase tried to push me off the M1 because I was doing 80 km... in the slow lane! He wanted to get past me and he could have easily overtaken me by moving into the fast (overtaking) lane but instead came up inches behind me. The nutter turned on his full-beams and expected me to move out of the slow lane. I am sure that I am not the first roaduser that he's tried to bully.

Good to learn that the guys are going to pay for the damage on your car.

Take care.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Gee Cisco. Glad the two of you are ok. Its great that you got his rego number and reported it to the police. I hope they track down the culprit and the bastard loses his job, and licence.

People like that shouldn't be alowed on the road. EVER.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
I am sorry that shortcake was a bit smashed up... but I am very glad to hear that you were both not injured in the crash !.

Yes, there are a lot of inconsiderate, selfish and psycho idiots on the road. Luckily none of them seem to drive Micras..... ;)

Shame that the driver couldn't be identified as I would think this incident would probably qualify for a criminal charge of careless driving.... You can bet this guy will get a big kick up the backside if the boss ever finds out who he is !.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
It's really scary the sheer stupid aggressive mentality of drivers these days.
I had a situation a few weeks ago where a bloke and his female passenger were tailgating me on a down ramp onto the freeway. I knew it soon went back to single lane but he tried to shoot up on my left side and ran out of road.
This time I took a punt and thought F--- it he won't want to scratch his nice shiney ford "wanker" (sports) ute. So I just held my ground and he was forced to go into the emergency lane.
I'm just so sick of the crap attitude of drivers these days.
The bloody cops do nothing to enforce sensible driving and if you try to report someone they just fob you off and wont press charges.

Mychael

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Unfortunately I have come to the point where I just let the bastards fly around me - within reason.

If I don't have to give way to them to merge, I won't. I'll hold my ground and force them to either accelerate their ass infront of me or drop behind me.

Its a bit of a bugger but the best thing you can do is really just get out of the way of these knob-jockies... It pisses you off at first but being pissed off for 10 minutes is better than arguing with some angry prick about damage to your car, etc.

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
that is soo harsh cisco mate, i'm glad the guy didn't run you off the road or aything...

if you were in old bluey you could have probably run him off the road!!!

anyway down to business... who gets the old super s bumper???

lol

CMF_2

» CMF Member
They're all Psycho........ happen to me all the time. What can you do about it. Either give yourself a reason to let them go (think they have to rush to the hospital....etc) OR fight it till death!!

I had some worst experience in "2" nearly everytime it could be on the news. So i think we should all have a camera device like the one on the police car to protect us against this unfair society.......but the laws itself are not fair.

Bloody modern human society.......

No..actually...i think human should not have the right to drive on the road or 10 times the cost of current rego cost, we all should use a reliable and fast 7/24 public transport network for the future......for greener earth and bring people back together.Excellent concept :D hahaha

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Once upon a time I would have taken a lot of them on.
If they are real nutters well I let them go.
When it gets personal and anger is the motive well they have the problem not me.
Mind you still have fun at times but if it starts to become agressive nasty time to back off.
Anyway best fun is being a sleeper and by the time they realise this you are long gone.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
So True Dave and that's the whole problem, just in normal everyday driving you get this senseless aggression or at best mindless driving attitudes. These people do it on the assuption/hope/beliefe heck knows that you also wont be as stupid as they are and you'll avoid the accident or they simply don't even consider the consequences that your not able to avoid their stupid antics.
Honestly if I had the money to afford it I just keep buying bomby cars of no value and then when these idiots hasseled me they could just bounce of my car and I would not worry.
That fact they continue to get away with it re-inforces their attitude that they can(get away with it).
I was most relaxed driving when I owned my old Benz, it was not worth much, had a zillion miles on the clock and was built like a tank, funny that never got hasseled then.

Mychael

Back