• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

she needs a hand

right so, the story behind this machine, the engines broken-timing chain gone, so im getting a new one
supposedly wrote off twiceo_O front end is completly ruined with shoddy paintwork, will get full respray
has revclock, two new tyres and mats that say micra on them:D
a lot of work to be done

theres a 5 door near me with a dash pod, will it fit in a 3 door
also is the much work in putting on the two lights to make the bootlid look like a march one

The front bumper isn't a super s one, as it doesn't have the lights in it as far as I can see in the pic..
There are no speakers in the parcel shelf either, which there should be mate if it is a super s

However the rear boot spoiler, poppy out windows, and wheels are all super s spec parts..

If it's only a 1l engine I'm pretty sure it isn't a super s, although it could have been swapped some time in it's life?

The 'Micra' badge on the boot also isn't the one that was on the prefacelifts i don't think, but I could be wrong?? The 'S' on the bootlid looks to me like what's left of the 'SR' badge too, what do other people reckon?
If it's what's left of an SR badge, the 'super s parts' I mentioned should all still be there I think, could be wrong again though lol

theres a 5 door near me with a dash pod, will it fit in a 3 door
also is the much work in putting on the two lights to make the bootlid look like a march one
Yeah dash-pod should fit, as the dash is the same as long as they are both prefacelift dashes..
March number plate lights would probably go on quite easily i reckon, don't see why it wouldn't be doable, don't think there would be need for any filler etc, just holes and bolted on pretty much imo!

Looks like an SR with half a badge and missing the correct bumper o_O

Seems like quite a bit to do to this if it needs and engine, front end work and maybe sourcing correct body parts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

since im sprayin i might go wide arches and nismo kit. must do a lot of pricing
opinons and pics of wide arches wud be apreciated

I think a lot of people want to go wide arch and nismo kit mate ;) , would be nice to see it done from the ground up in one go :D

Opinion: Do it <3
Price: Probably sh#t loads :D

zrrVU.jpg

Looks alright & nice to get one in black.Give that a good compound it would polish up well while you mess around with the engine work.Good opportunity to put a 1.3cc in there..

look at my cool new toys
c8Pdl.jpg

got headlamps, grill, dash pod, air filter, number plate lights, 3rd brake light, headrests, and a window winder all for 50 beans

edit: also a spare armrest driverside but it might be different off the 5 door

not a super s atall.. thers a micra s just interior change and spoiler..far from a super s

i find that 1.3 engines are usually knackered at 150k, but every 1.0 engine i have bought has still been mint internally :)

bit of an update:
brought the car to the mechanics last sunday, rang himt his friday, no work done:( will start this week so he says
bought fibre glass to make my mid hatch spoiler aswell

finally home today, gave it a quick clean, ripped out some of the interior, replaced driverside armrest and i no longer rep tony kelly car sales
got a spoiler off the car the engine came out of, il use it wen i make the mid hatch spoiler, also the mechanic has powersteering so i mite get dat later on
the speakers seem to be acting up, only one tweeter works and wen i was leavin in the dash pod the other one started
the panel behind the numberplate lights is missing some screws and the others are just spinnin
lots of work to be done:)

bit of work done, debadged, debumpstriped and interior back in
mooes.jpg

nYKVa.jpg

changed my third brake light for the laugh, there completly different designs inside
eIFRO.jpg

mswaE.jpg

the one that went in
also lined this up
omJLs.jpg

with a lot of filler . . . :D
cars i about 2% more jdm with dashpod and 3rd brake light:p
must start preppin for when she will be sprayed, either white or red
also toffee wheel, where wud i get one

Frank
i find that 1.3 engines are usually knackered at 150k, but every 1.0 engine i have bought has still been mint internally :)

What kind of issues (of 1.3) comes first/have you found Frank? I´m just a bit worried, cos I´ve got 295k km (184k miles) at o´clock :D

Frank

What kind of issues (of 1.3) comes first/have you found Frank? I´m just a bit worried, cos I´ve got 295k km (184k miles) at o´clock :D
usually oil control ring issues mate, clogged with carbon or worn, and the crank journals on most of my 1.3,s are showing some wear :)

Thanks Frank! :) Nevertheless sounds good, I think I get along with those issues. I don´t know if RE85 -fuel does any flushing for oil control rings. I´ve been running with RE85 (fuel pressure 4bar) last 5k km, had to change normal petrol now, cos cold starts are difficult (below 10'C).

so ive a gear gaiter and knob ordered, i mite put black material on the plastic trim, dont know wat to do with handbrake
wat do ye tink of the s on the bak, ive been told keep it but i dont know
i mite weld a plate behind the windscreen wiper hole and filler over
square plates have to be ordered, i dont know wether to put the front one to the side or centre it

Back