my first car (aint she pretty)

hello everyone i brought my first car a 1.0l micra shape (preface lift) 1996 paid £150 for her but she needs some love in the form of a clutch, oil sump, and windscreen.
Ive started to mod her already so i hope you like her and any ideas welcome

as she was when i brought her
IMG00677-20100428-1910.jpg

hole in oil sump covered with tin can (previous owner meant to mechanic lol)
P010510_1710.jpg

Micra.jpg

sprayed my indicator bits black
P060610_1438.jpg

P070610_1758_01.jpg

had to open mouth her :grinning:
P080710_1207_01.jpg

then added blue leds with a missile switch :laugh:
P200610_1646.jpg

P180610_1802.jpg

got a K&N off eBay for 99p :laugh:
P040710_1648.jpg

my sump swapped it for a bike i found when i was walking the dog
P300410_1312.jpg

and as she is now with the new gear leaver i made :laugh:
P280710_1557_01.jpg

P140810_1528.jpg

hope you like my pics and if someone wants to donate a oil sump my may that would rock :laugh:
money is tight atm so once ive got more money and can do more ill add more pics :grinning:

Car looks nice. Not too keen on the LED lights at the front though, but that's just me. Anyway, your car looks great. Keep up the mods! (Y)

nice color one of the best!
your mods are well cool

I think if he painted the front and rear bumper the same purple as the rest of the car instead of black it would look ace!! (Y)
--> Take a look at the photoshoping I did below. What do you think. I think it makes it look much more bulkier!

Photoshopping-
P280710_1557_01.jpg

Comments welcome. (Y)

im still undecided about that i was thinking gloss black all plastics but the photo shop looks good i also considered bumpers black but colour coding the door handles but the bump strips have to go :grinning:

That was too hard for me. So I decided to play around with your car and here you go.

-Bad Boy Bonnet.
-Tinted Windows.
-Re-did grill.
-Tinted Headlights
-Put on a WALD Front Bumper.

What do you all think? Comments welcome. (Y)

Re-design of stjimmy's New Micra-
Pimpeduppurple-1.jpg

That was too hard for me. So I decided to play around with your car and here you go.

-Bad Boy Bonnet.
-Tinted Windows.
-Re-did grill.
-Tinted Headlights
-Put on a WALD Front Bumper.

What do you all think? Comments welcome. (Y)

Re-design of stjimmy's New Micra-
Pimpeduppurple-1.jpg

I think it looks a bit silly:p If your going to change the bumper, SR or Super S for the win!

Nicr colour (Y)

and while we're discussing, I think open mouthed grilles are so noughties.

Am I the only one who likes the standard front :eek:

yeah supers or sr bumpers and i really like the bad boy bonnet i think ill have to learn to weld :laugh: i would love to get some wide arches and side skirts i would love to lower her but im worried about ride comfet do lowering springs effect the ride?

i need to replace the clutch anyway so ill do the sump at the same time my mates dad is a machanic so he can help as im not that machanicly minded im a carpenter (hence the solid wood gear knob
) considering vineering my center dash with wood as well give her some class :grinning:

Don't like those LED's but I do like the wald photoshop. Should only really open the front up if you've got a FMIC though

the leds where a present from my gf so ive got them on to keep her sweet :) thinking about using them to light the foot wells.
btw i am new to this so what do you mean by FMIC :blush:

and thanks R-REG-SR its made from a cheap plastic gear knob i got as a pressy it held on with grub screws so i pulled that pit out and carved a lump of polish oak i had floating around insurted the metal grub screw section and hay presto ill get a pic of her in the car :grinning:

the leds where a present from my gf so ive got them on to keep her sweet :) thinking about using them to light the foot wells.
btw i am new to this so what do you mean by FMIC :blush:

FMIC is front mount intercooler, used on turbo setups. Don't worry i'm sure you're not going to go down that route! I think putting them in the footwells is a good idea though

Hey I'm a joiner/carpenter too but a little tinkering opens many doors and micras are the place to begin. There so easy to work on

i was given some side skirts today and ive started fitting them so i had ago at photo-shopping it and this is what Ive come up with hope you like :)

micrass.png

i was given some side skirts today and ive started fitting them so i had ago at photo-shopping it and this is what Ive come up with hope you like :)

micrass.png

Send me the original picture and all the modifications and I will do an amazing photoshop if you want?

Cheers - Will (Y)

Just post them up on here on this blog. Thanks.

Back