Scrapyard in Halesowen with a Micra SR

Thought some of our 'West Mids' members might be interested in this. Went down to my local scrappy in Saltbrook Lane, Halesowen and I found a Black R-reg Micra SR. Bit of a shame as there doesnt seem to be any visible damage and looked as if it had once been looked after pretty well.

This is the only pic I could grab of it before it started tipping it down. Car looks to have been well pillaged but there are still some useful parts if anyone is interested, I'll certainly be going back for a few more parts soon:

Image164.jpg

Would be much interested in the front bumper !!!!!! if it's in one piece ! The dials too !

Dials and bumper were there last time I went, which was yesterday. I think the scarppy will keep it for a bit (Hopefully) As I was trying to take more bits off it when it decided to start chucking it down, again!

Not been for a few days, I hope its still there. I can certainly find out if the front bumper is still there, and I will try and get it, but unfortunately financial constraints (Loss of work :() might make it difficult. I've only myself got some trim from it and hope to pick up more.

I'll see how much it is and try and either get it or have it put aside, the owner is friendly bloke, I'm sure I can sort something out.

Thanks a lot, any idea what sort of price? I need a new bumper after some punk reversed into my car Friday and need to know how much to get from him

I've no idea I'm afraid, I'm guessing only that he might take £20, he seems pretty reasonable, you make an offer and he seems happy to take your offer if its reasonable.

I'll pass by the place tomorrow and and ask him to put it aside if the car is still there.

Any news on this? I've got someone in my work who lives in Birmingham and he might be able to pick this up for me when he goes home on the weekend, cheers!

Any news on this? I've got someone in my work who lives in Birmingham and he might be able to pick this up for me when he goes home on the weekend, cheers!

if not minty, there,s a yard in bordesley green thats breaking a super s (i was quoted £25 for the clocks, and the r bumper looked mint but the front one had quite bad flaking paint)

Hi Minty, sorry mate, I've not had a chance to get to get down there. I'm off there tomorrow so will see if its still there and get back straight to you.

I'll take it off and ask the scrapman to store it until I get paid. which should be either end of this week or next week.

There are a few other pre-facelift Micras in there though this is the only SR in there.

If your sure? Like I said if you can get a price and get it off to be held, I may be able to get a work mate to pick it up bring it back with him when he next goes home (that's if it'll fit in his fiesta). If it's not too muc trouble do you think you could get me an air blower vent? It's the left one on the centre console or second from the left if your looking at the dash as a whole, thanks a lot bud :)

Fresh - Been to the scrappy today, took the bumper off and will get the vent later, there are few other Micras there. I've asked the scrappy to put it to aside for me and said will pick it up next week.

I've taken some pics of the bumper (Not very good ones mind, losing light etc...) the bumper has a few small scuffs, one of the spotlights is broken off from the back, and thats it really.

He wants about £25 for the whole lot. I cannot get it myself as due to a fault on my part I wont be getting paid possibly until the end of next week.

Anyway, enough speak, have some pics:

Image011.jpg

Image012-2.jpg

Image013-1.jpg

Image016.jpg

If I can get it next week I'll take the plate off for my walls!

MOAR MICRAZZZ:

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Yeh, you might have survived that, but you didnt escape the fact that your owner couldnt be bothered to get you repaired. :glare:

Ill take it if Minty no longer wants it.

Hey Shrewsbury! not FAR from my old stomping ground. I've had a request from Monsieur Seb asking for the bumper aswell, so its only fair for him to have 2nd dibs. If neither Minty or Monsieur Seb want it, then you are welcome to it.

Just want to make it clear that I dont actually own/have the bumper. It is at the scrapyard I've only just started to frequent. As I said, I have taken it off and have only asked for it to be put aside for me. I'm just waiting to see what Minty says.

Cheers.

I will take this for sure, it's getting modded anyway so scuffs don't matter :) I'll have a chat to my mate at work and see if he can pick it up? Or how is this gonna work? Thanks for being so helpful btw :) and that wanted thread was just a backup if this fell through :)

I will take this for sure, it's getting modded anyway so scuffs don't matter :) I'll have a chat to my mate at work and see if he can pick it up? Or how is this gonna work? Thanks for being so helpful btw :) and that wanted thread was just a backup if this fell through :)

Cool, if I can scratch up some money next week, I'll get the bumper and store it at mine, your mate can down when he/you are ready. I think thats the easiest way.

I think one of the spotlights has had its glass damaged, not sure if you still want them?

R-REG-SR said:
poor micras its sad that r-reg at least your getting the plate

Yeh, it is sad, I dont understand why its in there, as I said, it there is no visible damage or indication as to why it was scrapped, I've seen worse driving on the roads!

Yeah that sounds easiest :) if it is badly cracked I might not be that bothered but if it's not that bad I'll have them, and that vent if you can get it pretty please? If you'd like to pm me your adress I can let my mate know so I can get a definate answer whether it'll be me or him getting it

If the front bumper is useless and it's got the trim around the tow eye I'll have the trim, I'll reimburse you for it just send me a pm (Y)

Is there any CG13's for sale in that scrappy buddy? Looking for one fairly cheap

Sorry mate, No.

Mintyman - Soon as I get the bumper safley home, I will PM you my address. When I took the bumper off it was all in tact, no cracks or broken bits. Only problem is the one hanging spotlight of which the glass is pretty badly shattered.

If I had the money I'd absolutely strip this car of parts and stash em/sell 'em on, the wings for example are in fantastic condtion. Again, it beggers belief that this car is even in the scrapyard. Though I did note a rather clean looking Volvo 850 with full leathers, nothng wrong with the car, only reason it was in there was because the owner couldnt be bothered to sell it :glare:

Thanks mate, Havent got a pic at the moment, had to take them all them down again today as I'm going to start to redecorating :( Once theyre up again, I'll post some pics up.

Back