scrapyard find

O

ohc_turbo

went in the local scrapyard on my lunchbreak to get a steering cowling from a collette as its black and i have a black steering wheel and trust me it does suit it better with a black cowling if you have the grey tweed like mine anyway but remember to get the steering column bit aswell as it is diffrent.. so went up to the car, there were two collettes stacked up on each other, i thought only things worth grabbing are the pimp chrome window winders and the cowling so nabbed these, went up to pay for them and i saw another which i thought it was a collette looking sadly crumpled by another random car, looked inside and i thought this looks a bit plush, like a facelift gsx, looked down and it had five gears on a 1.0 which is a rareaty, i would have nabbed this if i wasnt going GA, looked further and it only had a grey digital clock!, would have nabbed that aswell if i didnt have one lol, it also had a old school silver hitachi tape player (option??) which i might get for the old school cool look anyway walking to the bloke to pay looked back and it was only a datsun with the boot, sadly the car has crumpled the top of it but i might be able to grafed the light bit onto a facelift rear to loose the tits, also one of the rear lights were missing:(. i still thing this rear end is incompatable with the facelift micra but now i can go back tommorow and have a measure up and possible take the centre light out and mate it up to a facelift rear to see if it will fit on with minor modification. ill keep you posted on my rear end :)

they are all common parts on the collete mate 99% of ones i have seen have the black dash bits and chrome winders :) i was expecting you to say youd found a nice body kit then :p

yes i think all collettes had the black cowling bit and the winders but its was the first contact ive had with a datsun micra and all of its goodies, definatly going back there tommorow to nab some bits. i might have to get the boot as i dislike the tits

I've got datsun lights if your interested in those, but yeah a very rare find! Its not often they popup in yards anymore.

i was expecting you to say you found a super s or something! Found a few of them in scrappy's myself :)

the things that i would love to find regarding k10's are

datsuns in general
datsun with a blue interior
MA10ET engine in a march
super s or a super.

id like to change into a whole black interior one day if i find one

if i get time in my lunch tommorow ill unscrew one of the datsun lights and test fit into a facelift to see what the problems are

yes i think all collettes had the black cowling bit

Not true, regrettably. My Colette has brown dash and steering plastics etc throughout.

On the subject, who thought up the name "Colette?" If that's not the worst name for a car ever ever I'd like to know what is! fwn

Hehe theres been some pretty bad car names......

Honda Fitta - fitta means "####" in swedish!
Chevy Nova - "It won't go" in Spanish
Opel Ascona - again, #### in Spanish
Buick LaCrosse - "Masturbating Teenagers" in Canadian French
Mazda LaPuta - "Whore" in Spanish
Honda Life Dunk
Mazda Bongo
Isuzu Giga

and yes.... nissan had a really bad one too.

Nissan Fairlady

ooops off topic

I believe Punto means 'small penis' in Portugeuse. However someone told me this so I could be wrong.

Back