• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Rosetta the red new project micra

just got a red si 1998 800£ 69 on the clock will be a sweet new project this is my second micra last was a 1.4 sport

media
media
media
media
media

first on the list petrol ha ha will not get no where with out that will i
cut a few coils of just for the time being
de badge
wiper off
money my saxo vtr will be paying for respray got quoted 300 - 400 same colour

wey it dosent need a respray a just want it to be like just rolled out of Nissan Washington the dints are small lyk lol well am not 100% sure yet will c

this car is tidy, and doesnt really need a respray but he wants it looking brand new lol. and this is who i bought my sport off last year :)

hey guys do any body know how to sole a dropped door and any ideas how my wiper blade on inter-mite stops at the top of window but constant and fast work fine and also how do you balance brakes and a spongy brake peddle i will be getting new disks and pads will this sort out my problem thanks all

Ha ha my grammar Nazi style worked on someone then.
Dropped door, only thing too really door is force the hinges / door up to get them too line up again. Piece of wood under the door and lift.
Wipers, sounds like a faulty stalk/ motor/ relay...
Brake balance can't really be adjusted, these actually have a load compensator but that shouldn't be doing alot unless you are carrying a lot of weight.
All i will suggest is, rear drums off, clean the drums themselves, de-glaze or replace the shoes depending on condition. Check the wheel cylinders, if they are weeping or seized replace them. Wind of the handbrake cable at the lever, adjust the brake shoes up at the drum then adjust the handbrake cable, that should sort any imbalance at the rear.
For the fronts, remove the disks and pads. Carefully!!!!! pump out the pistons too make sure they are not seized, if one is a little slow pump it out a little further, pull back the dust cover on the piston and gently sand of any surface rust with some fine wet and dry (I'd say no rougher than 800 grit.) Liberally apply a light oil too the piston and work it in and out a few times.
Next step for the front brakes is too remove the sliders and clean them, grease them but not with copper grease. So many times i have had too sort sticky sliders that a home mechanic has copper greased.
Then finally new pads and disks. Making sure you take the paint of the 2 ends of the pad backing for a snug but not un movable fit into the pad carrier.

That took forever...
Any questions just ask!

Forgot the spongy brake pedal. Get the brakes bled, this may also point to a split or pin holed brake line/ damaged caliper or wheel cylinder!

That was bloody hard to read..
If you happened to be a local i would happily have a look but i doubt you are.
Parts are so cheap for these as i'm sure you are aware.

Now apart from faults changed spark plugs fule filter replaced air box with tempory k&n filter and crank case brether cleaning engin bay wil have more pics

nice work matty can't wait to come back up and just relax with yous i have had so much **** happen down here matey :D i can't wait till this is finished :) good luck man good work so far and dont respray it looks good already :D

nice work matty can't wait to come back up and just relax with yous i have had so much #### happen down here matey :D i can't wait till this is finished :) good luck man good work so far and dont respray it looks good already :D
The grinder met the springs last night. Match made in heaven.

looks to me like its been in a side on accident, the sill is the same colour for the length of the door, so maybe someone scraped a wall or maybe something more. I always look at cars in daylight and street light, its amazing what street lights show up

Hey guys haven't uploaded any new posts on here for a while can any body help me with ultra lights I am getting 13 inch. I want to know what et will fit fine with out to much stick out of arches will et minus 7 be legal thanks

Back