Replacing the fuel tank

Hi everyone.

My sister has 1999 (K11) 1.0 petrol Micra. Some thief has punctured a hole in her fuel tank and stole her fuel overnight.

Questions... Is there a how to for replacing the tank or can anyone offer any pointers?

Also will a tank from a 51 plate K11 fit? I've found one on eBay that the seller says 'should' fit.

Thanks guys

simply depressurise the fuel system first (start car with fuel pump fuse removed till it stalls),
under the rear seats open the inspection cover,
label & disconnect the fuel hoses & connector plug off the fuel tank,
jack up the rear onto jack stands,
disconnect the filler pipe rubber elbow off the tank (prepare for spillage unless it was fully drained),
disconnect rubber breather pipe from filler pipe,
support the tank underneath,
remove the supporting straps,
lower tank.

k550i-672-jpg.41534
k550i-675-jpg.41535

the handbrake cable goes around the tank. the exhaust goes under the RH but you simply tilt the tank over it while lowering.

Ok the tank removed is a little different to the one I've bought. The one I've removed has a white rectangular box on top with rubber hoses going in and out. The one I've bought has three breather pipes. I know one goes to some kind of electrovalve sensor underneath. Can I just bung the other two closed or put a pipe between them to connect them? Are they under pressure?

Done! What a pain in the a$$. Would have been plain sailing if it was a straight swap. Got there in the end by running a tube between two of the breather pipes and then the third one to the electrovalve (what does that do by the way?). The main breather is connected as normal and the pump was the same so that bit was easy.

All this hassle caused by some thieving ##$$

Back