fuel tank and the mot

i have just got an intank pump from a primera for my cg10 engined k10 and it doesn't work i was going to run it externally. it pumps but sprays fuel from a little hole on the pickup side of the pump. i think the hole may be for cooling or something so its no good.

my new idea is to get a k11 tank with pump and run it inside the car. does anyone know if it will pass the mot? ive herd about running a false floor i think frank mentioned it but does the false floor have to be welded? or does it even need a false floor?

cheers

a false floor is probably the easiest way to secure it safely imo, i would fold a sheet of alloy with a vertical front face, and a flat top, that would bolt to the floor/boot floor

cool cheers frank if it doesn't have to be welded then ill just put one in then. do you know if can run the lines through the car or do they have to be underneath?

will, i probably will get one eventually lol just a budget build at the min tho. ive got an ally tank in my yard that came off my mates boat its a 35 litre one if i recall but it has a tiny hole in it somewhere.

cool cheers frank if it doesn't have to be welded then ill just put one in then. do you know if can run the lines through the car or do they have to be underneath?

will, i probably will get one eventually lol just a budget build at the min tho. ive got an ally tank in my yard that came off my mates boat its a 35 litre one if i recall but it has a tiny hole in it somewhere.

nah, its a plastic tank eh, just use the k11 axcess cover to get to the pump and pipes, and its an mot not scrutineering eh (as long as the filler neck/cap and pipes are secure) :)

I'm thinking I might get one I'll need one as my fuel tank can't stay in the boot, that's where the engine might be going lol

Back