Replacing gearbox

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Hi, I have some questions for those of you who have fitted gearboxes...

Mine seems to be coming to the end of it's life in my 1.0 '95. It's whining loudly in most gears now, and I can't stand it any longer. Question is, what level of difficulty would you say changing the gearbox is?

My dad has done one before, but not on a Micra. There is no way I can afford to pay a garage to do it, so I will have to do it myself and with my dad.

Also, where would be the best bet to get a refurb box? I wouldn't trust a scrapyard for that.

Ta in advance,
Tom

they,re not difficult to change tom, but you,ll pay top dollar for a refurb, £200+ ?:eek:
where-as a scrappy will charge about £50 (they are,nt renowned for faults, so not much of a risk imo) :)

they,re not difficult to change tom, but you,ll pay top dollar for a refurb, £200+ ?:eek:
where-as a scrappy will charge about £50 (they are,nt renowned for faults, so not much of a risk imo) :)

thought i had writen pretty much the exact same thing, but most not have pressed post:S
so yeah, i agree with frank:)

i went to my local place they are like a nissan dealer but dnt work for nissan if you get me and they carged me 60 pound and they sed ani problems with it and i could take it bk and get a differnt one he had about 4 attached to engines in an old garage that was going to the scrap yard an me and ma dad managed it but there reli not hard to fit

Back