remapping the standard 1.3 ecu?

yes it can be done, micra pete on here used to do it, not come accross many who can do it, try a search to see if any further info turns up.

many have used the piggy back e manage with good results.

As I just said in another thread:
E-manage is not really very nice on N/A K11s. It seems to work better with turbo K11s, however it can fix some issues, but remap is always better and will always get gains on a K11, as when modded they nearly always run to lean.

Stock ECU can re remapped fine for turbo. ITBs may cause a problem since you will not have and airflow meter, but it may still be possible.

Stock ECU can re remapped fine for turbo. ITBs may cause a problem since you will not have and airflow meter, but it may still be possible.

Run the TPS output into the MAF input of the stock ECU - voila Alpha-N based fuelling and Ignition - I've done this before as a cobble on a Honda K20A when it went ITB - worked pretty well, worth a try atleast. You'll have to fiddle the AFM response tables too.

ok cool cheers.

Do you need any kind of equipment to remap it, and is it a live map or a reburn eeproms jobby?

good thinking micracharge! will keep that in mind

Dan, thats exactly what I was thinking although it would need some temp/density correction, which could be put in as a correction factor on top of the TPS voltage.

Back