Ecu remapping

Hi, Looking into remapping the ecu.

I rang a local company that have told me the almera gti ecu is locked:eek:

Is there another option other than paying through the roof for a megsquirt ect? A mate is saying it may be possible to remap a ecu with the same pin points from such cars as a 100nx... Basically can i remap a GA16 ecu to run the sr20? All sounds abit impossible to me fwn

Cheers!

I can do it. In fact I can do any nissan of that era. Give me a call/email/pm etc.

I can do Nats/Non Nats Almera/Micra/Primera/Skyline/200sx whatever :) Even if the ECU is not chip-able I can replace it for one that is and map that. I could get a lawnmower running of a Nissan nats/non nats ECU if you really were wanting to hahaha.

Ed

:wow: What a reply lol Could you price up an ecu upgrade for a 1998 Alemera GTI please. This could be the first destination for the micra this January (Y)

Ed, could you "Unlock" a Nats Micra ECU? I've got a megasquirt that I built up that I was thinking of using to map it, but if you can unlock the standard ECU, I'd just fettle with the settingson that... How much flexibility does it have?

You don't need to unlock the Nats ECU. I can however sell you a system that allows you to map it. As its reverse engineered of the oem unit, and few other Nissan's share the same system as the K11 Micra is not as fully featured as other Nissan's but would allow you to play with fuel and ignition. Software leads and mods to your ecu work out at about £400.

:wow: What a reply lol Could you price up an ecu upgrade for a 1998 Alemera GTI please. This could be the first destination for the micra this January (Y)

£330 to remap the stock ECU + dyno if you want it done on that. Whatever mods etc I can get the most out of it. I have a lot of experience with those engine and ecu combos, at what ever spec.

Cheers, Ed that's just what I was looking for.

So for the 400 quid mod, what do I get in terms of adjustability? Being totally honest do you reckon it's worth doing that or getting a Greddy Emanage Ultimate to piggyback on the stock ECU as we're talking comparable price points here

E-manage ultimate will not work on the K11 properly. Its hard to comment what would be best for you, as I don't know your ability to map.

The system I would supply to you and in fact use myself now is Nistune. It acts as a hardware/software interface for the Nissan hardware. There are other ways its just the best developed one in my opinion.

Where are you from? You would perhaps benefit greatly from me mapping it first with you being there and getting an idea how it works, then you can take it away and play if you want to.

I have some experience of mapping, but not extensive, and would probably have it fine tuned on a dyno once the spec is finalised. I've played with mapping on Yamaha R6 engines, and worked in a place that did lots of skylines so I know what to do, but am not an expert..

I'm basically planning a mild turbo on my cg13, with a 1.6 tb, uprated injectors, intercooler, and slightly opened head chambers (to lower compression on stock internals). The plan is to take a higher flowing MAF (probably off a silvia or something), and stick it between the filter and turbo.
This won't happen for a few months at least but I didn't realise that you could tune the ECU, so I was looking into what my options would be in terms of management.

I guess the other thing worth mentioning is that this would be run dual fuel, and setup for max power on LPG. I know Nistune doesn't support dual maps, but with 160hp, the LPG ECU should theoretically itself adjust to the mapped Nissan ECU once that's done... That was one of the reasons for MS'ing, as I could run two maps, and with an expansion board could run a boost controller to limit boost on the petrol map. I am unsure whether the Emanage would support something like this, but I'm fairly certain Nistune would not!!

I was under the impression that Nistune 4 wasn't released yet and so couldn't run on the small ECUs like the K11? If I went down that route I would most certainly come down to you to have it set up (I can do a safe map to get it going), especially if you've got dyno access.

What would be the main pros/cons of going Emanage Ult. vs. Nistune? I quite like the idea of retaining the stock ECU, but what I'm concerned slightly about is that Emanage would allow better logging, and more control over ignition and boost control.

Apologies for a lengthy post

Oh I forgot to say, lived practically all my life in Cyprus, came to UK for uni and now in Coventry working at Jaguar Land Rover....

hey ed, i'm just about finished writing the last few pages of my blog and then post the nats remap results here ;)

Quite simply e-manage ultimate shouldn't be considered. It cannot read the K11 CAS signal. If you have a NATS K11 Ecu you can get a single map nistune board and do it that way. If neither of these are suitable then your possibly looking at something aftermarket.

Quite simply e-manage ultimate shouldn't be considered. It cannot read the K11 CAS signal. If you have a NATS K11 Ecu you can get a single map nistune board and do it that way. If neither of these are suitable then your possibly looking at something aftermarket.

Thats right, im using NIStune on My NATS ECU. From what Matt at NIStune told me, i was first person to use Type 4 Board on a Micra. I asked him about the similarity between Micra and S14a ECU, and if i could be done. And they manage to do it, and in Australia they have only Pre-Facelifts, but they used S14a ECU and a loom adapter. So, thanks to their discovery, NATS K11 can be remmaped very easialy. (Y)

You cannot simply run the S14A ecu on a K11 loom, even with an adaptor. It would require major changes, coilpacks/cas etc.
As it happens your base file doesn't work on a 1.3. The one I have is different. Technically I could say the car I mapped for Kristian is also the first to run a nistune on that type of ecu too ;) lol

You cannot simply run the S14A ecu on a K11 loom, even with an adaptor. It would require major changes, coilpacks/cas etc.
As it happens your base file doesn't work on a 1.3. The one I have is different. Technically I could say the car I mapped for Kristian is also the first to run a nistune on that type of ecu too ;) lol

Im just saying what Matt told me. And he says that before i contacted with him, no one asked him that before.
My board its Type 4 but with some changes to work on Micra NATS ECU. How he made it i dont know, just know that it works.

Here is my ECU and Type 4 Board:

IMG_0043-1.jpg

Img031.jpg

Img037-1.jpg

Img020-1.jpg

Img048.jpg

The boards are the same, just the image files on them are different :)

Does NATS still work with that daugher board?

I'm very impressed with that package if you got Nistune to work with the NATS K11 ECU.. Ed, I will definitely be getting that off you when the time comes. Will probably get a standalone boost controller and run different settings on that for petrol/lpg

What's adjustable on it? RPM limit, fueling, ignition advance?

Yes Nats works fine.

All as you said and more can be changed.

The boards are the same, just the image files on them are different :)

I think so. Matt used S14a ECU on a Micra to test it, dont know if they started a Micra with it...

Does NATS still work with that daugher board?

I'm very impressed with that package if you got Nistune to work with the NATS K11 ECU.. Ed, I will definitely be getting that off you when the time comes. Will probably get a standalone boost controller and run different settings on that for petrol/lpg

What's adjustable on it? RPM limit, fueling, ignition advance?

Yes Nats works fine.

All as you said and more can be changed.

NATS doesnt interferes with the rest of the ECU, just had to code NATS again because i used another ECU from a 1.0 Micra, to leave my ECU stock...

A lot can be changed, just check NIStune site, they have a lot of manuals.

Regards (Y)

Nats does interface with the ECU. It has a serial data stream from the NATS control box which allows the ECU to send fuel injection signals, or not as the case may be.

Nats does interface with the ECU. It has a serial data stream from the NATS control box which allows the ECU to send fuel injection signals, or not as the case may be.

The NATS control box is the one on the ignition barrel? It stores any info about the chips on the keys?

I had to code the NATS again using Consult cable and a software provided by Matt at NIStune, because i used another 74B01 ECU from other Micra.

the nats unit is a little black cylinder unit screwed to the cabin between the front left door hinge area and the front left wheel arch, nearby the heater fan

Back