NATS vs Nistune remapping and new ECU

Hi, i'm Chris from France, i'm sorry for my bad english !

I need informations on NATS and non NATS ECU.

I've got a 2000 facelift k11 with cg13de engine and NATS.

I need more power, so i'm ready to put GA16DE throttle body, GA16DE injectors, air filter, and Nistune (and maybe turbo... later)

A friend can give me a CG13DE NON-NATS ECU, can i put it on my car to disable NATS?

I want to keep safe my original ecu and put nistune on the other one.

Thanks,
Chris

skymera

Brutal Honesty
The ECUs between dizzy and coilpack are not compatible.

You should be fine if yours is a dizzy model.

Not totally sure how NATS works in the later model, however I would assume a non-NATS ECU would disable it.

This k11 is my only nissan with NATS system, i've no idea how does it works and how to disable it.

I've just read forums and seen a lot of guys who have problems with nats (especially on s14 silvia).

Don't want to lock or damage my ecu with nistune.

Can't find the good procedure on Nistune forums!

(I know that Hdev can sell me a software, but if i can resync NATS with jumpers, or with Nistune "for free", i prefer this way!)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Re-syncing with Nistune is very simple. You need a Nissan Consult cable and either H-Dev or Nistune software. Any tuner using Nistune will do this for you on request anyway.

If you want to keep your original ECU safe, run with that now and leave it alone. Buy another similar NATS ecu, (same part number), install your Nistune board in that ECU and and re-sync it to the car when you need to.

My tuner is... me !

But my s13 have no NATS and i don't know how it works (Nistune is familiar but i've never seen NATS function before.)

I'm going to search that function on Nistune software and test with another similar ECU.

Thanks for your response! ;)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
My tuner is... me !

But my s13 have no NATS and i don't know how it works (Nistune is familiar but i've never seen NATS function before.)

I'm going to search that function on Nistune software and test with another similar ECU.

Thanks for your response! ;)

Ah I see, even better...

I've send you a PM with some information :)

I'd like a spare ECU for my Nistune:

Is anybody can tell me if i MUST buy exactly the same ECU as the one installed in the car (same bosch part number + same Nissan part number) or any K11 1.3 NATS ecu can fit ?

Mine is 23710 74B63 and il find many 23710 74B62 or 23710 74B61...