Are K11 1.0 and 1.3 gearboxes the same? Same question for ECU connector. Answer ASAP!

Hi all,

i'm starting work on my K11, a P reg 1.0, with a knackered gearbox. I've got a 1.3 P reg next to it with a good gearbox. I'm sure i've read on here that the boxes, and more specifically the bellhousings are differant, so they wont mate up, i.e 1.3 box on 1.0 block.

I really want to swap the engines over so i've got a 1.3, does anyone know if the ECU connectors are the same? I'm afraid I dont have all the time in the world, so any info I can gather before would be great.

Cheers,

Chris.

the bellhousings are the same chris, but the clutch spline and driveshaft splines aint tho :eek: (and mounts and rods)
and i just left my 1.0 ecu in situ

i just changed the engine only chris (cga block/cg head), but the little 160mm pre98 1.0 clutch will only transmit 100hp max tho :eek:

Is the throttle body and injectors the same Frank? The reason i'm swapping the engine and box is the box on the 1.0 is knackered. Sorry to keep asking, but with a nipper due in a week, i'm pressed for time! If you could list what I need to swap to get the 1.3 into the 1.0, keeping the 1.3 box, that would be amazing!

throttlebody yes, shock ??
and if you want to fit a 1.3 box to a pre98 1.0 you will also need the f/w, clutch, shafts, mounts, crossmember and rods

Sorry, was doing something with shocks at work and got sidetracked, now editted to say injectors! Thanks, will do some trial and error tonight. I've a complete donor car, so hopefully can just swap the lot over. Was more concered about the ecu. Dont suppose you know if the ecu plugs are the same do you? Was doing some diag on a K11 yesterday for non-start, and the service manual didnt state differant pin-outs for 1.0, 1.3 and 1.4.

injectors, yeh same chris, and i think all the pre-nats pinouts are the same (1.0, 1.3, 1.6) then there,s the nats pinouts, and there,s the post 2000 eobd2 eh

Back