Registering a new engine

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Seen as the time is almost nigh, when the beast returns to the streets with double engine capacity and a shiny turbo, i was wondering.

Does anyone know the process for registering it as a 2ltr, i've been told that you can just note the engine capacity on your V5 and take it in to the post office to be recorded but i'm not sure whether anyone has done this before and therefore can lead me in the right direction?

I'd like it to be registered up properly but i've been told that the DVLA/Vosa might want to have it in for testing etc etc?

no idea to be honest, but my assumption was as you've said...just to make the alterations to the V5 and get it sent off.

yeah mate you will need a Engeneers Report...i think its called. When i put a 100cc engine in my (what was 50cc scoot) they told me i would need to get one of these....but i havnt got round to it yet :)

Give Dvla a ring see what they say :D

As far as Im aware, Both you and I WONT need to get an engineers report...

Its basically changing details on the V5 and sending it off.. Then a normal MOT TEST is required and then The car needs to be retaxed under its new 'tax-band'

Im sending mine off this week with the new color and engine size..

Please bear in mind that If what the 'test engineer' reports on the car DIFFERS with what he gets from the DVLA database. Then this will fail the MOT. Also the DVLA will be notified that 'conflicting particulars' are present and will contact the registered keeper of the car ragarding this information.

E.g When I put my Yellow wide arch micra through the MOT it failed firstly on some minor things but also the fact that it was still registered as RED.

Both the MOT tester told me about this and then the DVLA via a letter litterally 2 days later..

I Rang the DVLA and changed it before I Passed the re-test.

Im sending mine off this week with the new color and engine size, Its going to be 1998cc and the car is going to be RED/YELLOW color..

After the respray im going to re-amend the V5 with the new color.

In my case ive got a special requirement as my engine is PRE-92... as in PRECAT.. This means that I will not need a CAT in the exhaust to pass my emissions and so can drive around with a Full through system legally.

Although much more preferable its complicates things a little when firstly registering the engine change and MOT.

i.e ...I have to prove that my SR20DE highport is actually a Pre92..

hope this helps

Back