DVLA Muppets

M

Monkey

When i bought my micra it had no tax, i got my insurance Docs a couple of days later so i set off for the post office, i had, insurance docs, current MOT, My part of the V5 and the money, i knew that the car was used for motorbility person before me but didnt see a problem......

after 30 mins standing in a queue the girl behind the counter says i cant get tax for this vehicle as its registered as a disabled car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: she then explains that i need to contact the DVLA to find out what to do next.

i get the phone number and phone them, it took 3 phone calls and random number pushing to get through to someone

BTW the code to get through to a real person is * 5 1 4 4, after each number press wait for the bloke to speak then press the next number ;)

i get told ive got to wait for my V5 to turn up (the bloke who i bought it from went on holiday the next day to spain so im hoping he posted it) send it back with a form filled on explaining what and why i want to change the vehicle details, then wait up to 6 weeks :eek: for them to send out the ammended V5 then i can get road tax.

or i can go to my local DVLA orifice (portsmouth) whis is only open 9am - 5pm monday to friday and every second wednesday of the month they open at 9:30. so ive got to use a half day of my holiday to sort this out. what a joke IMO all i have to do is fill in 3 forms at the office, they dont check the car or nothing. so why cant i do this at the post office????

I took half a day off work and got there early doors, spent gaes filling in forms etc and checking documents and they finally gave me the road tax.

Well a week or so ago i got the V5C document from the DVLA stating that i own a Nissan Micra 998cc in green thats Private and light goods etc.

brill all put to bed.

No!!

then yesterday i get another letter from the DVLA. well its another V5C i opened it and its for a Vauxhall Astra 8V on a S Plate???? the reg is exactley the same as my micra except for the last letter, mines a "N" and the Astras is a "A" i get straight on the phone to the DVLA and stress my concerns (cos if the Astra Driver gets any fines etc they will get billed and posted to me) they said send back the V5C with a covering letter explaining everything and they will look in to it. look in to it!!!! i want it resolved, now!!!!! just in case.

so i posted the letter and the V5C after i photocopyed it. i thought i'd phone the previous keeper, (the car/owner is in Dundee) and they havnt sold the car at all but they did get a letter last week from the DVLA saying thanks for notifying them that the car (astra) has been scrapped so they contacted them saying this hasnt happened, so the DVLA said they would send out a new set of documents (as they had the old style of V5C) that will make the letter invalid.

what the fridge are the DVLA playing at??? this has the be a really hit week for me

and relax

lol,,who put "and relax" was it you arnold? :D

cheer up big man,not end of the world mate :D

Back