Recent Accident...

Hey Guys, new to the forums, but thought it was worth checking!
Recently drove my k11 micra into a ditch. Pulled it out and it was totally fine, besides the bumper being slightly dented in, obviously.
Now, having driven it around for a few days, I've noticed a little leak... which is coming from the radiator. Not massive at car maintenance, but I'm assured by dad that this means the car is naccered, as the radiator definitely will not change out. However, the rest of car is totally fine, given the odd bump and dirt around the front!
I don't have any pics yet, as my camera lead has gone walkies, but what is the best thing I could do? Dad says scrap it or sell it on as parts, but not sure wheres the best place to go for it.
Many thanks,
Dan

The radiator is easy to change on the k11. Cost you about £20 quid for one from a scrappy. It would take less than an hour to change.

The switch you could probably do in about 20mins as its only 4 bolts and two hose clips (not that you'd be changing it more than once haha). Its that easy though :)

You sure its a proper leak and not just a loose hose or something.

Ah, but it is rather more difficult due to the slightly dented front end. Also, the chassis appears to be slightly twisted, which is making him quite apprehensive about letting me drive it again!
Anyhow, ignoring that, whats the easiest way to check if its a hose issue rather than a radiator problem? Would rather not get rid, seeing as its saving me a ton in petrol! From the parts of the hose I can follow there isnt a break, but I cant actually see from above or underneath the car where the leak is.

It might help to put some pictures up of the damage to the front and any damage to the crossmember.

It might not be crack in a hose. Could possibly be damage to the radiator itself causing water to leak.

Hey Guys, new to the forums, but thought it was worth checking!
Recently drove my k11 micra into a ditch. Pulled it out and it was totally fine, besides the bumper being slightly dented in, obviously.
Now, having driven it around for a few days, I've noticed a little leak... which is coming from the radiator. Not massive at car maintenance, but I'm assured by dad that this means the car is naccered, as the radiator definitely will not change out. However, the rest of car is totally fine, given the odd bump and dirt around the front!
I don't have any pics yet, as my camera lead has gone walkies, but what is the best thing I could do? Dad says scrap it or sell it on as parts, but not sure wheres the best place to go for it.
Many thanks,
Dan

Ah, but it is rather more difficult due to the slightly dented front end. Also, the chassis appears to be slightly twisted, which is making him quite apprehensive about letting me drive it again!
Anyhow, ignoring that, whats the easiest way to check if its a hose issue rather than a radiator problem? Would rather not get rid, seeing as its saving me a ton in petrol! From the parts of the hose I can follow there isnt a break, but I cant actually see from above or underneath the car where the leak is.

SO its not quite so OK after all??!!

well see how bad the twisting is and try some k seal in the system... if the hole in the rad or hose is small it will seal it... a v12 e type at work has 86 hose connections and always leaks and after this full rebuild half a litre of kseal sealed the whole colling system after about 6 leaks!

Back