Rear washer pump - question

Hey mates

Recently My rear washer stopped working on My 1996 k11. Symptoms:
Front washers and wipers are working fine
Rear wiper arm is working (so that eliminates the fuse being blown).
Took off the wheel arch next to the pumps. Front washer pump makes noise, rear one does not. There's power in the pump plug.

Só:

1) the most likely culprit is the actual pump right?
2) the front pump is white while the rear one is green. Is there any difference between them or would a white one like this work as a replacement for the rear green one?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291177554684?nav=SEARCH

Thanks!

Yuri

not yet Frank, as it requires disassembling the front bumper for better access. Was counting on the forum's knowhow on it, and only disassembling it when replacing the pump.

they just lift out iirc mate, cant you access with just the front of the splashguard removed ? and the colour coding was probably just for assembly line use eh

I bought a replacement washer pump from one of the on-line 'find a part' services (PartsGateway I think it was - I would have to look it up) for £25 delivered a few months ago.​

well I'm surprised.
25 quid new at Nissan here in Portugal :)
Was expecting a whole lot more considering they wanted to charge me 120 quid for a pair of tailgate struts.

done, fixed. The pump was indeed busted.
Just a matter of removing the 2 bolts holding the wheel arch and the bolt beneath the wheel arch holding the bumper to the chassis to get better access to the pumps/water bottle. After that, just pull the pump from the bottle and out it comes :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Back