K11 Washer pump problem

Hello,

I've just joined the forum because I'm struggling to fix a problem with my daughter's 2001 1.0S K11 Micra and hoped there may be some genius here who can help me.

Her front & rear washers packed up a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to sort the problem for her. Firstly, I've been confused by Haynes because it looked as though there are two separate pumps fitted but we've now worked out that there is only one, on the back of the washer bottle.

There is voltage across the terminals in the connector block, 12v of opposite polarity depending on which washer is operating. Not sure how this is arranged but it seems sensible, given the same pump does both and there are two pipes fed from the pump.

I've bought a secondhand pump from a breakers but it doesn't work even though they say it has been tested. How should I test the pump myself? Can I just connect one terminal to each side of the battery?

I've now located a new pump at a dealer 25 miles away so I guess that is the real answer and I shouldn't be trying to say my daughter money by using secondhand parts!

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark

Just to let everyone know that a new pump has successfully fixed the problem. Should have bought a new ohe first place, instead of trying to make do with a used part. Still annoyed that the breakers told me the part had been tested though.
Mark

Back