Rear Disc Conversion Brackets

baguete

Site Supporter
Right, i tested two types of brackets, but they dont seem to set the calipers to the right spot.

Brackets for stock front calipers, to use with hydraulic hand brake:

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

NME brackets, to use with stock rear calipers, in my case, N16 calipers:

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

There is something wrong as the calipers dont sit on the right place... :doh:

What do you sugest?

Can you not just space the caliper out? like 10mm to suit where the disc will be situated?

It was suppose to be plug and play... :(

Maybe there is some differences on the rear hubs and i need to source the stock rear disc'ed hubs?

Pollyp, can you take some pics of your rear hubs please?

nice one
doesnt look that far of with the right bracket,whats bracket made from aliminiun?
whats going on it , stock disc variation? like the front
thanks mate i think you said you were gona show us this

It was suppose to be plug and play... :(

Maybe there is some differences on the rear hubs and i need to source the stock rear disc'ed hubs?

Pollyp, can you take some pics of your rear hubs please?

I think you will find there is nothing wrong with the brackets, as they are for retrofitting K11 rear callipers, (Matt's Kit). N16 callipers have a different offset, so won't line up :(

A link to polly's thread showing rough offset dimensions is here, (see post #100) ---> http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild?p=384411

Scott, yes, they are from Matt (rear calipers), and the other ones are eBay ones (to use with front calipers, and hydraulic handbrake).

R-REG, they are made of steel. I will keep you posted.

Low Rider, i thought of using GTi-R rear discs, they have the same dimension of the N16 ones but 4x100 PCD, but they cannot fit with the current spacement, will foul on the calipers. Yes, i saw that post from Pollyp, will check the dimensions tomorrow.

Frank, seems that i will get my hands on a Brake catalogue soon... :laugh:

Thanks guys. (Y)

Already put the two types of brackets side by side on the axle, so i can make some hybrid one, to bolt on the axle (like the one to use front calipers, instead of welding like the NME ones) and with the NME spacement to bolt rear calipers. And it seems that i will have to use N16 calipers with N16 pads, and K11 rear discs:

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

What i need to know now is, does anyone have the measurements of the following pics (but on stock rear discs and hubs)?

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Bosh

I make the diameter of the rear hub to be 135mm.

IMG_0852.jpg

And diameter of the disc to be 138mm

IMG_0850.jpg

Hope that helps, if you need anything else let me know!

Hello, did you ever get the system up and working? I'm considering fitting both standard rear caliper and a front caliper for hydraulic handbrake etc for rally use

Back