Re-build

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
It has come to the time to RE-BUILD my micra engine...

At 134000miles on the clock its smoking like theres no tomorrow!
The clutch and head gasket have gone and also the vaule stem seals i think!

New parts: clutch, head gasket, all seals, sump set, cutch cable, piston rings.
this engine is going to be really cleaned!!

If everyone thinks its a good idea, i will take pics and keep everyone posted on my progress with the engine!

:k10:

soooo what does everyone think, shall i keep updating the progress??

It's a good idea if your wanting to learn about engines and try fix it yourself, but financially, you could buy a replacement engine for cheaper than the parts :)

have to agree with arnold you can get a low millage lump from £50-£150, but if your compltely stripping and rebuilding the lump at least you know it'll last a good 100,000 miles :)

i agree buy a low milage engine and keep the other engine strip it and re build yourself take your time on it once it is all finished keep it so when it is time to change the engine you will have a spair one in the garage

if your going for a full rebuild including pistons and rings then you may as well have a rebore for a nice tight fit.

i need to re-build my engine, but i can see it being a safer way than buying another one... simply cos i know what my engine has wrong with it, wheras another engine might have been fubard before....

its the prices im struggling with.....

piston rings are £20 each x 4
Big end bearings £34 set
timing chain set £88 + £72 if bottom tensioner needed.
head gasket set £100
head bolts £6.27 each, x10

thats a huuuuge shopping list that doesnt include the tools and the oil, coolant either...

oops sorry.... i didnt read the title... but im after doing a re-build for my k11 anyway..haha..... an engines an engine....

Big end bearings £34 set
head gasket set £100

i can cut that down easy

loose the head bolts you can reuse the standard ones,
piston rings get a payen set for 40-50
headgasket set £100!?!?! you having a laugh? about 30 for a payen set

payen are top quality, bob uses them in his engines and ive used them in the white k10s engine and yet to fault them

to rebuild a k10 engine all you need

head set
sump set
ring set
poss bearing set if needed
coolant
oil + filter
cam belt

the price in parts is the same as a second hand engine if a bearing set isnt needed, i'd rather rebuild a engine for the same/slightly higher amount than what it costs for a unknown condition second hand engine from a scrapyard

i can cut that down easy

loose the head bolts you can reuse the standard ones,
piston rings get a payen set for 40-50
headgasket set £100!?!?! you having a laugh? about 30 for a payen set

payen are top quality, bob uses them in his engines and ive used them in the white k10s engine and yet to fault them

to rebuild a k10 engine all you need

head set
sump set
ring set
poss bearing set if needed
coolant
oil + filter
cam belt

the price in parts is the same as a second hand engine if a bearing set isnt needed, i'd rather rebuild a engine for the same/slightly higher amount than what it costs for a unknown condition second hand engine from a scrapyard

yeah but im an idiot and i have a k11...lol:laugh:

i need to re-build my engine, but i can see it being a safer way than buying another one... simply cos i know what my engine has wrong with it, wheras another engine might have been fubard before....

Big end bearings £34 set
head gasket set £100

thats a huuuuge shopping list that doesnt include the tools and the oil, coolant either...

I doubt its the pricey, they sound like quotes from a nissan dealer

well heres the prices

head gasket: £12
Piston rings: £16 full set
Sump set: £14
Clutch kit: £32
Clutch cable: £6

Everything else i either have or i can do via me knowing people...;) :k10:

i have a low milage ma10 thats only done around 40k,,you can have it for £60,it will cost you around £250+ to rebuild your old engine properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back