Rattle Found

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,

I have been under my car this morning trying to find the rattle in the exhaust system,I found the rattle but it's a part I cannot just repair it, but will have to replace it. It appears to be the middle catalytic convertor which I didn't think my K11 had another cat or is it another silencer in the middle. I say this as if you go to carpart4less.co.uk go to exhaust parts & there's a picture of the part stating that it's a silencer, (Klarius Centre Silencer (Centre)Product Code: 704700231) the price is great being less than £30 How good is it? The middle silencer or CAT rattles when the car is moving or idling when hot.

Yours Peter0003

Hi Frank,
The Middle cat I cannot tell if it's the core or the cover as I moved the pipe going from the rear & the cat sounded as if it was rattling inside it's casing, as the pipe was secure outside. How long do I have before I have to replace it and could it fail its MOT .

Peter0003

Are you sure it's not just the heat shield rattling around. They do it at random revs and are fairly loud when they are

Hi All, The Middle CAT is not a catalytic convertor but a intermediate silencer I say this as the product does not look anything like a cat as I will show you as follows
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg
top pic is a silencer just like the one on my car silencer has flat end edges, bottom pic is a CAT and doesn't have any flat edge which is nothing like the one above. and the rattle is metallic not sounding like broken china. I hope you get these photo's if not

peter0003

Hi All, The Middle CAT is not a catalytic convertor but a intermediate silencer I say this as the product does not look anything like a cat as I will show you as follows
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg
top pic is a silencer just like the one on my car silencer has flat end edges, bottom pic is a CAT and doesn't have any flat edge which is nothing like the one above. and the rattle is metallic not sounding like broken china. I hope you get these photo's if not

peter0003
I'd still check the heat shields, both on the body above the middle silencer (aluminium) and also the one, if fitted (steel), that is attached to the front pipe from the CAT

I'd still check the heat shields, both on the body above the middle silencer (aluminium) and also the one, if fitted (steel), that is attached to the front pipe from the CAT
Hi John D, I have notice that the heat shields are secure from the front CAT to this middle silencer and the engine doesn't sound like a racing car proberly because of the other silencer at the end.

Peter0003

Hi All, The rattle has been sorted out, the middle silencer pipe end that was connected to the silencer box had snapped so I have just replaced it. So the rattle was the middle silencer after all..

Peter0003

Back