1994 nissan micra wave exhaust rattle

Hello, I think this is the correct place for this, and I'll appreciate any fast replies (Y)

My sister owns a Nissan Micra Wave 1994 and it's been running fine on 60k miles, lately there has been a rattle when it's idle or revving, the exhaust system rattles both at the muffler, and catalytic converter I believe.

Now I just need to know if there is anything I can do with limited car knowledge being 16 myself or a rough price for a garage to fix this?

The rattle just sounds like a tinny knock.

it would either be the heat shielding or maybe a loose/broken mount im sure someone can confirm this though.

and Welcome! (Y)

yeah its the thin metal covers all around the exhaust system. and frank you beat me to the answer in like 0.5 seconds! lol

EDIT: you dont need the heat shields at all unless you park in dry tall grass :p

The other thing is you get, a random bit of metal/stone in between the heat shield around the pipe, from the cat1 to cat2.
The amount of times i've had to put mine on the ramp at work, to get the offending piece out. Though have now ripped most of the heat shields off prob solved.

Try to undo the bolts that hold it together, but they will probably just sheer. It might take a bit of messing about but its bot that hard.

Back