'rat'ting a k11 micra, if you were to.......

richie

Ex. Club Member
i have done a few quick photoshops, my micra is old (over 150,000miles) so dont wanna mod too much, just thought ratting it would be fun, opinions please, and suggestions and chops.

Attachments

• rat1.jpg
    rat1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,855
  • rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • rat3.jpg
    rat3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 830
yeah i have seen tha corsa before, i really like it. what do interiors of 'rat' cars look like or dont it matter?? i have a scrappy near me that always has micras so i may rust a bonnet etc, just wanted other opinions. the rat look is like marmite, you either love it or hate it, cue the 'i bloomin hate it' comments

Some rat inspiration. None of the rust is real.
07162009-137.jpg

Some more, the rust is real
1_MG_4489.jpg

I like your idea of a stripe of rust. I really like that a lot.

lol never been a fan of the rat look but each to their own i say

Spot on, think it's horrible, along with euro, but if people wanna do it, fair enough.

Seems everyone just rusts the whole bonnet, and gets some checker in there somewhere. Yawn... That blue golf (?) is the first one I've seen with some originality, and my friends always trying to show me rat cars, because "they look awesome".... :glare:

Spot on, think it's horrible, along with euro, but if people wanna do it, fair enough.

Seems everyone just rusts the whole bonnet, and gets some checker in there somewhere. Yawn... That blue golf (?) is the first one I've seen with some originality, and my friends always trying to show me rat cars, because "they look awesome".... :glare:

:doh: i guess my car is just another generic rat then....
-rust bonnet (tick)
-checkers (tick)
-shopping trolley on roof (hmmmmm)
ahwell, i like it :laugh:

the problem with getting rust elsewhere is that it can then be seen as damaging the structure to an MOT testter, a bonnet holds no structure so can rust away untill you can poke a whole in it, also the easiest to sand.lol

the interiors of rat cars are literaly as mad as you like, i started mine as a track car so its stripped and buckets...... most rats have lots of frills and colours.

for more inspiration check out rat-look.com, great peoples on there with lots of pics and always happy to help.

I probably dont know what im on about lolol but what about a jap-rat look, something that doesnt just copy the ratters and has elements of those crazy japs like the bosuzoku cars.

Hope you dont mind my chop:

ramira.jpg

As shero says it needs to go lower. Makes me want a silver or white prefacelift so i can do it! :)

Also how about a set of replica arches im selling? You can transfer them or sell 'em after if your worried about the longevity of your micra as they are pretty tough.

Robb!!! your a kuffin genius, thats a brilliant idea, if you dont mind i think ill adopt if for my build jst now, that chop looks cool man!!!, gunna need to try my own later on the old cs3. lol!!!

Rat cars, were the cars that were a bit battered, panels replaced with what could be found what they got damaged. There was never really a Rat "look" until people thought it was fashionable, and started to mod their cars for a rat "look".

i suppoze, its good when stuff just happens, but when you can plan a car to look cool, then aslong as your happy with it then each to their own

Splinter the micRAT hahaha.

Anyy suggestions welcome.

ratmicracopy.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

i like the sound of jap rat, like the rusted petrol cap cover too, so many ideas, better get photoshopping.......................

i don't like the rat look because that rusty stuff looks horrible, however on the 3rd photoshopped pic you done I love the black bonnet you should do that on the roof also and forget that rust look! :)

yeah i would prefer no rust, i have seen a chequered mattblack and gloss black bonnet that looks pretty sweet, also like the red details on a chop in this thread.

or a rust on rust rising sun detail bonnet......hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks Shero :D i just personally wouldnt rust whole panels on a k11, a k10 maybe as it resembles veedubs of old (golf etc.)

A friend of mine glued grass seeds to the roof of his "rat" rover 200. If you water them enough etc you can actually get grass growing off the roof lol. Now thats rat:p

Back