Sound dogdey to you?

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Over the weekend i went to pick up a wing for a micra off a "breaking" one from Ebay.

I had contacted the seller asking him if the wing, bonnet and head lights were for sale. unfortuntely he replied that only the wing was for sale for £25. considering how much hard luck i've had finding one i accepted this and arranged to meet him.

He emailed me his "address" but failed to mention a house number. beleiving this was a trader i didn't bother too much. however things took a turn for the "strange"...

On the saturday i drove up to oldham to pick the part up only i couldn't find the location.... beleiving he might be a private seller i got his mobile number and rang him up. Now according to him the Micra was at his mates house and had not engine, yet it was a 2001 car... i asked him for the house number which he couldn't remember, then he asked me what car i drove. told him what i was in and 5 mins later a Honda S2000 pulls up with two very young looking asian lads in it. one of them signals me over and we park up. He greets me and asks what side again was it. we walked down a alley way to where the micra was kept, however this is where it gets even stranger. as soon as we get to the micra the guy turns quickly, mutters "family in the house" to his mate and walks back to our cars....

... he then asks me again what side was it for, thinks for a moment then tells me he has one at the shop already off a car. great i say i'll come and pick it up. nar wait here a moment i'll go get it you was his reply.

20 mins later no sign. so i call him - 2 minutes boss i'm round the corner...

another 20 mins go by - TBH i didn't realise the time as i was reading my mothly mech mag. again i try to call him - this time no answer. sod i think this smells dodgey, so i sent him a text telling i've waited too long and i'm a busy man. sorry.

Was it just me or does any one else think this was hugely dodgey?

yes, sounds very dodgy. Why are 2 guys breaking a micra for parts if they are loaded enough for an S2000? the family in the house comment sounds the strangest, like it wasnt even their car. Its just neglected and they are stealing bits from it when no one is in :s

thats what i was thinking, as soon as i heard that i was like "what what?"...

What annoys me most is i still need to find my parts! :(

thats what i was thinking, let me take the part off it... i get done by the police - they walk away with my money!

i'm heading down the scrappys up here in the next few days for some stuff for my mate. theres usually a horde of k11's there, most front end crash tho, anyway point being i'll have a look for the bits you want.

Dr Zoidberg said:
all seems fairly dodgy i think ian maybe right about it being some one elses they are robbing.

Yeah thats what i thought too!! Would be interesting to see there feedback on ebay and what other dodgey goods they've got for sale!

hmm one feed back for buying an apexi boost controller for £300, and hes selling micra bits off hmmm. smells a bit of fish now lol.

Also they dont take paypal - so your not guaranteed. Sounds like they'l take your money and run!

i noticed that auction, but with a rating of 1 I'd want tea and biscuits before dealing with them

Where you say that micra is again? I'll sell you a wing for £15 (when I get it off lol)

Sounds very odd with what you have described.

I would never do anything like that without taking a friend with me, I once sold a sub through ebay and the buyer wanted local pick up, we meet outside my work with a friend who stayed in the car next to me.

They arrived with a car full of people and on my own I could have easily been jumped the car stolen or worse! I know it could sound far fetched but you never know what people will do.

I think you did the right thing leaving Paul..

Kev

Thanks Kev :)

I normally either take my mate or my missus plus on top of all that i've only done collection on the MSC - first (and perhaps the last time) off Ebay...

This may be a little off topic but I have a ebay story!

Last year I sold 5 PSP's to one buyer, he had no feedback so was a little dodgy as he wanted to collect from my house, Now I have some expensive things at my house so NO WAY!!!

So arranged for him to come to my take away (He didn’t know) He arrived with 4 other people, took him to the back of the shop so making him walk through the kitchen while the others sat at the counter!

I had all three of my chefs chopping and cutting meat with Chinese choppers!! See pic for an example!

He seemed a little uncomfortable and he also had £100 short of a £1000 deal so took the money and made him go to the cash machine before I gave him the PSP's.

Wondered what would of happened if they came to my house???!!!

So my advice is go buy a chinese chopper off ebay!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 188
LMAO that's great stuff mate! :D

But yeah, him turning up with 4 people at your house could have been a recipe for disaster!

man that sounds dodgey as hell, really wired tho

am confused at your sig however wilsonian, you already have a nearside wing, you need the offside lol

Back