My Micra K11, Two (and a bit) months on.

Hi Guys, I registered here a little over two months ago when i bought my first car, a 2001 K11 Micra and i thought id write a wee bit about it to tell everyone of my experiences.

I passed my driving test in February after starting driving in November and after driving about in my mums Fiat Grande Punto for a wee while whilst looking for a car of my own on Ad Trader, Ebay etc the guy that lives two doors down from me had a Micra sitting on his drive which i found out was for sale, he told me that his father had owned it for a month or two but unfortunately had to give up driving due to poor health. The car was immaculate apart from the odd little mark which was to be expected from a car of its age and when i asked how much he was looking for i was expecting it to be well out of my price range, but no, £700 he said. And with that, after a quick look around and after i got my dad to give it a quick test drive (i wasnt properly insured) i was sold. I rushed to the bank minutes before it shut to withdraw the money and returned, paid for the car, filled in the paperwork and moved it two doors up to my driveway. For the first few days i was hunting for insurance so couldn't drive it yet, the cheapest price i found was almost £1400 but it had to be done so i bit the bullet and paid it although the insurer said my premium will be halved next year so that made it a bit less painful. Anyway, my first drive in the car was to my friends house aproximately 10 miles away. After being car daft growing up it was a great feeling to finally be driving my own car. Since then i have grown fonder and fonder of the car and im very happy with my purchase. The longest journey i have undertaken was for a football game in Carlisle which is around a 200 mile round trip on the motorway and the car passed this test with flying colours, it felt sure footed and composed on the motorway and the 1.0 engine provides enough power to keep going at a steady 80mph, i mean 70 officer. I have driven the car almost every day since i got it and it has never missed a beat, everyone who has been a passenger in it has been impressed by it and the guy who i bought it off said he actually prefered it to his wifes brand new Kia Picanto and i have to say i probably prefer it to my mums Fiat Grande Punto. If there is one criticism i have of the car it is that the ride is perhaps a little rough although the roads around this area are absolutely horrendous in areas so that is a factor but it just seems to crash through bumps a little rather than ironing them out like a bigger or more modern car. This however is a minor criticism and all in all i absolutely love my car and i am glad i bought it over a wretched little Corsa or Saxo. The pictures below were taken about an hour after buying the car, since then it has been tidied up a bit (reflectors, stickers etc removed and new mats among other things) and a new cd player fitted which i will take a picture of later.

3483088031_a8620febe3_b.jpg

3483082997_27a2a3cd71.jpg

3483894514_a6e9d2c2aa.jpg

This is a really nice car you have, i hope you treat it well cause it will probably treat you well in return :grinning:

And very clean i must add!

Back