raising height of k10...

Please can anyone help...

Off to Mongolia this summer (really looking forward to it), but need to raise the ride height of our k10 (1.0, 1990). She's currently on 155/70/13 steelies and wondered if I could fit 165/80's to those wheels without any issues- this would give me about 25mm height increase...

Or does anyone have a better idea...can only find people who sell 'lowering' springs, not 'raising' (?) springs and dont fancy those spring assist fella-me-jobs as they just dont look up to it...!

Any help much appreciated...:p

I have spring assistors and they are fine, gave me about an inch. You can fit 185's on without a problem but I'd suggest getting 15's as well

Hi- yeah, probably fine for the UK, but not for off-roading...dont really want to go for 15's either, as they are more expensive than 13's...and its all about the dollar!

danster

high profile tyre,s will give your springs a much easier life, i would go for 155/80/12,s (to keep the gearing low) if they,ll fit over your calipers, and some assistors too

Thanks frank...Im running 13's so wanted to really know what the max overall diameter I can get away with is...165/80/13 gives me a dia of about 575mm...is this too big front to back in the arch?

thats nearly 30mm diameter that what Im running at the moment, for what its worth...I know most people on here have probably gone the other way- wider and smaller s/wall, but just need some info really...

Once again, many, many thanks for any help...

How did u work out 575mm i was just trying to work out 195/45/15s cause thats what i was running and it rubbed a bit on back on standard suspension.

danster

there are converter tables online, its not the clearance that would worry me, its the gearing you,ll have no clutch left trying to get up those mountains !

I'd suggest getting 15's as well

For the mongol rally? Are you mad! The extra wheel weight on such harsh terrain would probably snap the springs in no time, also, there's more tyre on the road surface so you'd feel twice as many bumps etc.. A smaller tyre would give you more clearance and be a better option. 13" steelie for example :)

Hey,

From my experience last year you won't need to lift up the car. Just put 13" on it and keep the weight down (definitely don't fit a roof box) and you'll clear most things.

Good luck

Back