Mongol Rally. 10,000 miles in a K10

F

Flying Mou

Me and my mate had this mad idea about 18 months ago, to join the Mongol Rally.

The Mongol Rally is a journey from Hyde Park in London, to Ulan Bataar in Eastern Mongolia. A 10,000 mile journey through Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Back into Russia, and then finally Mongolia. Other than it being the adventure of a lifetime, it's also a chance to raise money for needy charities, and we've chosen the Mercy Corps and Homes and Hope for Children, and we're hoping to raise £3000 to split between them.

The only problem with the rally is that you have tyo do it in a sub 1 litre car, oh and there's no support crews, you're on your own. So we've bought a 15 year old Nissan Micra K10 because of their ludicrously reliable and simple engines, and we now need to get it ready for the journey.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what we should do, please post them here :)

If anyone has any suggestions of companies who we could approach for help and assistance, please post them here.

If anyone has any bits off a K10 they don't want, please post them here.

In fact if you have anything, any thoughts, any suggestions, please post them here :)

Oh and to find out more about us have a look at our journal BottomGear.livejournal.com

Or for the organisers page it's just www.mongolrally.com

:D

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Ohh good luck.

Jack Osbourne is doing this years rally. I'm gonna try to get on his ITV show "Mongolia or Bust" :glance:

I *really* need someone to donate me a clutch for my K10... Pretty please? Anyone? Doesnt have to be brand new...

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
Ohh good luck.

Jack Osbourne is doing this years rally. I'm gonna try to get on his ITV show "Mongolia or Bust" :glance:

I *really* need someone to donate me a clutch for my K10... Pretty please? Anyone? Doesnt have to be brand new...

clutch kits are going on ebay for £30 buy it now.

Ryan.

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone know if a 1.2, 5 speed K10 clutch fits a 1.0, 4 speed K10? If so I can change the clutch on my Super S and take that one as a spare.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone know if a 1.2, 5 speed K10 clutch fits a 1.0, 4 speed K10? If so I can change the clutch on my Super S and take that one as a spare.

yes mate they are all the same despite motor factors trying to pull a fast one sometimes and saying otherwise

also my mate dave sold his k10 to someone using it for a mongol rally it has a subabru blue dash in it that used to be in my old k10, id really like to get it back so if anyone has seen it or knows where it is im happy to pay/donate to charity in aid of who ever has it or whatever, i can supply another dash as a swap also

ta

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
yes mate they are all the same despite motor factors trying to pull a fast one sometimes and saying otherwise

also my mate dave sold his k10 to someone using it for a mongol rally it has a subabru blue dash in it that used to be in my old k10, id really like to get it back so if anyone has seen it or knows where it is im happy to pay/donate to charity in aid of who ever has it or whatever, i can supply another dash as a swap also

ta

Ok, i posted a thread on the rally participants forum.