racing clutch.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
hi all, recently my clutch has started slipping and i have been looking for a new clutch for next month's payday.

iam considering a racing one. yet i want my car to be driveable daily.

iam hoping to take my car on a few track days etc next year, plus my standard clutch has only lasted 2month with my driving. i want somthing that is harder waering over the standard clutch...

so basiclly i want driveability day in, day out, but i want somthing that can take abuse to an extent?

so would a racing clutch be okay daily i.e wouldnt be a pain in stop and start traffic..

or would an exeddy sports clutch be the better choice for me?

p.s also hoping to mate this with a cg10 gear box aswell...

dan

my exedy clutch slipped quite easy dan, the diaphram is made of thinner spring steel than my luk ones (which may explain it ) :)
is this a pre98 1.0 btw ?

A few of the rally guys have had trouble when upgrading the clutch. When they have upgraded it, it solves the problem but transfers it onto weaker parts therefore breaking them instead :s So most of us stick with the std clutch(Y)

2 months??? do you ride everywhere with the clutch half pressed?

i had a cheap pattern clutch in mine, started slipping at about 5k miles, took it out put a brand new LUK one in (Nissan put in LUK from the factory as do FORD and many other manufactures) and its still perfectly fine after getting on 20k ragged miles.

put in a descent clutch and it will be ok

engine is standard lol...think its just my driving iam abit rough when i get serious :S

you driveing must be Cr*p if thats the case.

as for the clutch go for the 1.6 sunny clutch and if you add more power change the plate for the helix one of rally nuts.

you driveing must be Cr*p if thats the case.

as for the clutch go for the 1.6 sunny clutch and if you add more power change the plate for the helix one of rally nuts.

is it the later k11 if not apparently the earlier clutch is a bit rough an quite a few rally boys are using the later clutch from a 2001-2003 micra as there bigger and more substancial how ever you spell it may be worth trying to buy a later clutch.

In the 5 years I've drove Micra's very often quite hard too, I've never managed to get a clutch to slip, even when driving hard with a janspeed they've never slipped. Maybe you should look at your driving style!

In the 5 years I've drove Micra's very often quite hard too, I've never managed to get a clutch to slip, even when driving hard with a janspeed they've never slipped. Maybe you should look at your driving style!

bit harsh but even if his driving stile is bad he just wants to know what the best clutch is to cope with this

In what way was it harsh?

If you have a problem with your clutch control that's destroying clutches this quick, then getting a high performance clutch is going to be expensive for something that you'll also kill quickly.

In what way was it harsh?

If you have a problem with your clutch control that's destroying clutches this quick, then getting a high performance clutch is going to be expensive for something that you'll also kill quickly.

all im saying is how would you possibly know unless you have sat in with him im presuming not and its already been said a few times in this post sorry if it was a general concern but just seemed like you where getting at him sorry if i got this wrong

all im saying is how would you possibly know unless you have sat in with him im presuming not and its already been said a few times in this post sorry if it was a general concern but just seemed like you where getting at him sorry if i got this wrong

it says in the top post that he killed the clutch in 2 months of 'his' driving, i read it the same as alienfish to be honest

it says in the top post that he killed the clutch in 2 months of 'his' driving, i read it the same as alienfish to be honest

im not sayin it isnt his driving but when a number of people have said this it isnt new news it just seems that he was trying to get at him. If it has gone that quick i think it may be a bigger issue then his driving unless he is indeed driving around on half clutch which if he is no clutch will survive. he probably knows this so i think he just wants advice not people to point out the obvious and slate his driving no matter how bad it may be.

so what is the 'average' life-span for a clutch?.

mines had ~15k of abuse and is just starting to slip (i think)

tbh my car has done shed loads of miles...and as far as iam aware the clutch has not ever been changed. it doesnt help that the car has been down the pod a few times. so drag lunches also taken into account :S

as said i would like somthing hard wearing. but still maintain drive ability.

A k11 that is driven normally will get over 100k on its clutch. The k11 in our family has done 50,000 miles, clutch is still good. I did 30k of them miles when i owned it before giving it to my parents. Even when driving spirited, my gear changes were smooth but fast, i dont "kick" the clutch.

A k11 that is driven normally will get over 100k on its clutch. The k11 in our family has done 50,000 miles, clutch is still good. I did 30k of them miles when i owned it before giving it to my parents. Even when driving spirited, my gear changes were smooth but fast, i dont "kick" the clutch.

slight difference between a well looked after car and a car which has been down the drag a few times thats probably why your clutch has gone plus the fact its quite old so back to your origional post
Does anyone know the best clutch for a car which is being driven every day but also as a drag car !!

i recommend a genuin nissan part or and LUK clutch even tho they are the same thing but the nissan one has nissan and luk stampes on it and costs 3 times as much.

Back