quite unique problem...

First i would like to say HELLO to ALL as im first time poster.

Anyway I would be extremely happy if someone can help me with this bizarre problem.

I got K11c 2002 . Today as i was driving from work i put my little electronical cigarette (trying to cut down)
into the tray under the windscreen as i don't like to be distracted by anything when im driving.
however when i drove over a bump that cigarette jumped and dissapeared in ventilation shaft (the first one where windscreen starts in the middle if the dashboard. Funny i know but the thing is how can i get it out of there.
I dont care about that cigarette but the problem is that it is effectively a lithium battery and im afraid that it can cause major problem for the car. I can imagine that if i turn on the hot air it can eventually explode or something i dont know. So the question is what would you do please? i have no idea how long that shaft is or where it ends up or whether at the bottom is some kind of filter what would stop the battery from falling deeper into cooling system.
ANY ADVICE IS VERY APPRECIATED.

Regards Ron

I wouldn't have thought it would get hot enough to go kaboom!

I think you can get quite a bit of access to the dash if you remove the centre console.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

it would've dropped down the bowels of the heater diverter chambers and most prob just roll/rattle around.

pic of my heater diverter chamber upside down
130vh.jpg

i don't think it'll get hot enough to cook a battery even if its set full hot in summer, it's just very warm air at best flowing over the object and not a naked flame torch :p

could either
  • leave it rattle about when cornering,
  • try removing section of the footwell blower to access inside the diverter chambers,
  • take dashboard apart to access the diverter chambers,
  • stick an endoscope down the vent it fell through to try spot it and if its magnetic try to pick it with a magnetic attachment?

it would've dropped down the bowels of the heater diverter chambers and most prob just roll/rattle around.

pic of my heater diverter chamber upside down
130vh.jpg

i don't think it'll get hot enough to cook a battery even if its set full hot in summer, it's just very warm air at best flowing over the object and not a naked flame torch :p

could either
  • leave it rattle about when cornering,
  • try removing section of the footwell blower to access inside the diverter chambers,
  • take dashboard apart to access the diverter chambers,
  • stick an endoscope down the vent it fell through to try spot it and if its magnetic try to pick it with a magnetic attachment?
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! You really helped me. I was so worried you wouldnt believe. I will leave it as it is (i cannot even hear it rattle). As you may have guessed i dont know much about cars so was worried that it would explode or something. Guys thanks very much for all replies. cheeeeeeers Have a nice day :)

Back