Problem....

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Right,

I have a 99 :k11yellow plate micra. This morning I was driving my car, I came up to the end of the road, had my clutch all te way down, and at about 5ish mph the car completely cuts out, and goes back to what the lights on the dashboard look like when youve turned the key once in the ignition. There was no jerking the car just literally switched the engine off...it has done this once before about a month or 2 ago...I had just presumed id stalled it, but it turns out id not by the looks of it...

Slightly worried this maybe a NATS problem...

Any help would be grand!

Lucy

frank

Club Member
lucy

if the engine started alright afterwards, it probably just cut out
if it had,nt warmed up fully then you might need a bit more on the fast idle setting
if the car was up to temp then it might need the tickover turning up a bit

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Adding to what frank has said, what does your car normally idle at? When Cold and when warm?

I doubt it is NATS, I've had NATS go and it's just continuous nightmare, I had to drive my car about 40miles with dodgy NATS to see Ed so he could fix it, it was cutting out all the time, even at motorway speeds, car would just die, then pick back up again.

I'd also check the condition of your ignition system, has the car had recent spark plugs?