Putting in a new HU, need parts!

lewic

Ex. Club Member
I've taken out the old Blaupunkt stereo from my K11, and want to put in my MP3 player. On the old stereo there are two pieces of metal bolted on to the side, which look like they stop the HU falling into the hole in the dash.

Unfortunately a couple of these screws have been cross-threaded and I cant get them off the old stereo. So I think I need the two metal side pieces - does anyone have some that they dont need? Or is there another way of attaching the stereo?

Thanks

Cath

Thanks - I've got a metal sliding thing (assume thats the cage?) from another stereo but it doesnt have the bits sticking out with holes for screws. I'm happy to pay if anyone has any spare bits!

you dont need this, after you remove the stereo, put the fascia back on the car......then insert the cage through the hole.... there will be a lip on the opening, simply bend the tabs arround the back of this lip and slot the stereo in..

theres no need for any screws.

you dont need this, after you remove the stereo, put the fascia back on the car......then insert the cage through the hole.... there will be a lip on the opening, simply bend the tabs arround the back of this lip and slot the stereo in..

theres no need for any screws.

ive tryed this, and the HU seem to droop abit..lol

no idea why?

Back